Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Yesterdays adventure!  (Read 7097 times)

chickenfeed

Re: Yesterdays adventure!
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 10:44:56 am »

down to one are after wrestling my boar arm got trapped between 2 pig boards a boar and a OH that tops 15 stone i did not stand a chance  ::) a nice clean fracture of the wrist. i did not show anyone what had happened for 4 or 5 hours by that time i could stand the pain no more. on the plus side the boar came out to play and enjoyed himself i say came out to play he is in training for the shows and at this rate he may well be winning it rather difficult holding a board and stick with only 1 hand whilst walking a pig ...................the girls are getting there they will walk with me quiet nicely but i suspect they are lulling me into false security and let rip at the first show  ;D hey ho

we are not new to showing or new to pigs just new to showing pigs.if they give me too much trouble they will soon be bacon  ;D

as for shows we intend on doing are
newark
norfolk
EOE
yorkshire
wayland
hatfield
leicester (first year for this show as its not been held in 2 yrs and pigs have never been shown there until this yr)
melton rare breed
EOE autumn

we have to fit in with my parents show schedule so some we will all attend others just us and they will be doing some we are not.

in addition to these we have tractors to take to a few shows too the first being next weekend at the EOE shire horse.

Ouch chickenfeed, that sounds painful, pigs are just so strong and yes your girls are lulling you into a false sense of security ;D Which shows are you hoping to go to? Sure you'll be fine everyone is really helpful and will soon round up any escapees!!
Mandy  :pig:

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 12:58:58 pm »
Wow some big shows there, best of luck, if you go on the GOS website there are some showing articles on the showing tab in the forum which might be of interest.
Bets of luck Mandy  :pig:
Ps might come & see you at Yorks show.

HappyHippy

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 02:13:51 pm »
I'm going to be at the great Yorkshire show too  ;D Another excuse for a TAS party  ;) :thumbsup:

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 03:17:49 pm »
karen, we don't need an excuse to have a party, just good company, we had a ball with Kim, Barry, Lisa & Caroline lots of laughter and good spirits  ;D ;D

chickenfeed

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 08:30:33 pm »
karen, we don't need an excuse to have a party, just good company, we had a ball with Kim, Barry, Lisa & Caroline lots of laughter and good spirits  ;D ;D

it always help when people around you are up for a laugh our scottish friends (the ones we were with last year)will be joining us again this year too, we will be going straigh from the EOE to the yorkshire.

karen what are you taking to the yorkshire

HappyHippy

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 09:38:14 am »
karen what are you taking to the yorkshire
Just me  ;D I'm shadow judging  ;)
But I could bring pigs if anyone wants to buy them  :D :D :D

It's the not so good spirits that cause me problems  ::) Like Vodka & Rum  :o :D
If you've got a spare seat in the car for Yorkshire can you put me down as a seat filler/petrol contributer and pig helper please Lil? Saves poor Bruce being housebound (with all 4 kids) for the duration  ;)

Sandy

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2012, 06:55:03 pm »
You pig keepers are made of tough stuff.....!!! can picture the scene now, reminds me of those Sunday vet programmes!!!

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 10:36:48 am »
Still no piglets Twinkle looks fit to bust, i'm frightened to prod her, i really thought she was going to have them at 1.30am this morning because she was chewing on with her bed, but she just got up went for a pee, had a drink and flung herself down and was snoring in seconds. She must be mightily uncomfortable. She was straight out for her breakfast and is now back in bed snoring so i have nipped to work for a few hours.
Fingers crossed fortonight.
Mandy  :pig:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS