Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: GOOD LIFE WHAT GOOD LIFE IT DOENT EXSIST IME GOING BACK TO THE CITY  (Read 7375 times)

harry

• Joined Mar 2009
GOOD LIFE WHAT GOOD LIFE......... l moved to the countryside a year ago, soon after the farmer moved cows into the next field, the neighbour has cockerels and sheep, there are dogs within 1/2 a mile, all the noise is driving me nuts, cows mooing, sheep bleating, cockerels crowing and dogs barking, pigeons cooing at 6 am, i complained to the council and they are acting on my compaints about the neighbours animals, also my neighbour has tall trees on our boundary and they are full of nesting crows making a dam awful noise from 5am, the council tell me that as the neighbour owns the trees he is responsible for the noisy nesting crows so i insisted the council visit him regarding noise at unsociable hours as i don't get up till 9am. Ive had it ime off back to the city, less noise and no shxx on the ground to step in, i wont even mention the smell.... if you understand all this keep quiet, hilarysmum  ;)  ime off 

Report to moderator    195.93.21.98 

;)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 08:19:12 am by harry »

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: GOOD LIFE WHAT GOOD LIFE IT DOENT EXSIST IME GOING BACK TO THE CITY
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 09:11:22 am »
I'm having a terrible problem with wild dogs/ ant eaters hybrids ( latin name lirpa sloof). They have demolished my diamond mine. Have called international rescue. They say that they were attracted by my raviolli plants.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 09:14:17 am »
So, an April Fools Day posting?

sandy

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 11:46:01 am »
April the 1st ah! I used to live nexttoa farm, not the pretty field end but the guts and heart of the farm. We used to hear the grain dryer for months, it sounded like the hoover was on all the time, the sheep used to constantly Bleat when the Lambs were taken to market, the smell of the silage and the big muck heap and the flies....millions of them!!!!!!!!!!!and I did not like the 70's built house although the children loved it. I love the countryside but it is not always peaceful, I bet loads on this forum would swap with you, no city living for me, too fast, too costly and too competitive...

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 12:59:07 pm »
Hari  ;D:farmer: ;D

harry

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 01:29:50 pm »
I did get a couple of serious replies, 2 more or less saying good ridance and one commenting on my spelling, i had to end the previous posting early as someone let the cat out of the bag, ime net rerely mofing i like it out hear, and i will tri two impoof improov correct my spelin......and just incase anyone is concerened if you have a rookery on your land you arent responsible for the noise..... regards harry
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 01:33:02 pm by harry »

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 02:01:10 pm »
It might be too late Harry. "Local militia gathering to send towny home " has already been posted. ;)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 02:15:18 pm »
Well you sure had me fooled :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I am Sooooo embarassed! And here I was thinking I was a good judge of character  ;)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 02:17:27 pm by doganjo »
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 03:50:12 pm »
hehe brilliant
Linz

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 04:16:40 pm »
april foolery apart, I work near the centre of one of britains bigger cities. The ethnic diversity makes life very interesting, but you can keep the litter, graffiti and fumes. This morning I nearly had a heart attack when a somalian mum let her toddler wander into the road in front of my 4x4. anchors on, screech, small child blinking up at me, thank god I stopped in time. It's the traffic that I hate most. give me the good old smell of muck spreading, which reassures me that city folk won't latch on to our lovely way of life. :farmer: I start my 4 day week on friday, mixed blessing, more time at home, less money.

harry

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 04:18:33 pm »
Not easyally fooled DOGANJO as sadly there are real people with views like that....JUST TO EXPLAIN doganjo had  a go at me  along with someone else but i had to delete the first posting as the cat was out of the bag before the posting had time to run, but you a hero member and me a newby what can l say. Thats not how you spell easyally is it???? harry
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 04:25:07 pm by harry »

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 04:30:07 pm »
i could not live in the city at all.  lived for about 18 months in newport (wasn't a city until a bit later)about a 1/2 mile away from the centre. All i can say lots of different coloured people i think the only colour i didn't see was purple lol.
too many cars, too many people not enought spaces not enought green around no garden (well if 12 foot by 12 foot squares paved back a garden) good local community though all the neighbour would help each other out  if needed even the short time i was there i had help.

That one thing i don't have here is community spirit from the active member of the villiage. (of a housing scheme off over 200 house i only personly only now about 5 people and that the same for my husband which is a shame).

linz

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 05:07:29 pm »
I was born and brought up in the middle of Aberdeen to a business family (my grandpa owned an Ice cream factory), but it was different 60 odd years ago, everyone friendly, all looking out for each other, we always had big gardens and my Dad was always out digging up the weeds so he could have roses and brown earth.  I swore I'd never have roses in any of my own gardens - horrid thorny things, some with no smell.  So here I am almost too old and certainly too fat to get rid of the poor neglected sucker infested thorn covered things I have inherited in my new home down here.  However, the aim is to overcome these beasts in due course and replace them with useful plants that I and my neighbours (and family, naturally) can eat.  My grandpa was from farming stock so maybe the genes have worked their way down the line  ;)  I moved out of town with 1st husband and kids so we could have more dogs and a large garden.  2nd husband loved the great outdoors and the hills and mountains so we moved to the other side of Aberdeen to a small croft.  I was too busy working to support us so didn't get involved in the croft side, but I most certainly couldn't live centre Aberdeen now - far too noisy,  rough, and impersonal.  So glad I am here.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 05:32:15 pm »
Before I move to central Scotland I lived in a rural village Woodhouse Eaves, backing onto an Allotment and only a few miles into town, I worked in Leicester, a very diverse populations and in some ways, miss the diversity BUT not the traffic, the fumes, peoples attitudes and the pace of life, I always had the sniffles from the fumes....I would love somewhere more remote but I have to be a bit practical, at least I can walk to the shop, post office, chippy, Bus into town etc etc...country life for me anyday, oh and I was not fooled buy the way, that's why I mentioned the date!

harry

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 07:13:17 pm »
Didnt mean you sandy..... i was refering to the first posting which i had to delete due to the cat being let out of the bag to early .... i can see you knew the date, harry
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 08:27:05 pm by harry »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS