Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 2 Acres - what should I do with it  (Read 3265 times)

Michelle1966

• Joined Mar 2012
2 Acres - what should I do with it
« on: March 05, 2012, 11:42:16 am »
Hi, my name is Michelle my husband and I are renting a cottage outside Banff, Aberdeenshire,  :pig:which has 2 acres attached, what would you suggest we do with the land???????

We are on benefits and I am partially disabled. My husband is my carer (ex joiner)  and we looking for a new lease of life.

We have a 10 year old son, 3 dogs, 6 guinea fowl and chickens.

Sheep, pigs, horses what do you think??????

Please help.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
Re: 2 Acres - what should I do with it
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 11:48:26 am »
with 2 acres there are plenty of things to have a go at. just remember it will be a learning curve and will take time to master. good luck with it and welcome to the TAS!  :thumbsup:
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 05:23:10 pm »
Hi from the Isle of Mull. :wave:

deepinthewoods

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 05:30:34 pm »
hi from cornwall :thumbsup:

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 08:09:57 pm »
Hello from a chilly Powys.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 09:43:52 pm »
Hi Michelle - your not far from us - if you'd like to see some wee goats and wee sheep in action before making any decisions you very welcome to pop by for lunch/coffee/tea - we're outside Maud about 25mins away from you - give me a shout
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 10:44:56 pm »
Hi Michelle and welcome from chilly Shropshire.  I say go for goats - big ones.  They don't take a lot of looking after, give you yummy milk and you can make yoghurt and cheese.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS