Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: france  (Read 3285 times)

GordonsGarden

• Joined Mar 2009
  • South Devon
france
« on: March 30, 2009, 05:53:34 pm »
 :'( :'(  We went to France over the weekend (ply to roscoff), its got so expensive i wish we had stayed at home and lost the fare. I would still have been in pocket.
        Shame really as we enjoy our trips over.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: france
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 08:41:59 pm »
I think since joining the Euro all of Europe has become VERY expensive and the exchange rate makes matters worse. We are hoping that as it is now so expensive people will stay at home and my business will benefit, sorry but it has it's advantages.

GordonsGarden

• Joined Mar 2009
  • South Devon
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 08:55:55 am »
Good morning jameslindsay
    I understand what you mean and i hope you do o.k.this summer.We go to france as the local paper does cheap trips.Return mini cruise cabin each way,car for £73.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 08:58:22 am »
Thanks Gordonsgarden. Next summer will be even better as St Andrews is hosting "The Open" Golf championship and already everywhere is fully booked re bedrooms. Great news.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 06:45:50 am »
Never count the cost of experience.  Visiting France should be a positive experience. 

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 12:21:35 pm »
I go over to France from Plymouth /Roscoff a lot......its a very good deal for a day out although having a house 40mins from Roscoff I go for longer most often.

If you go on a cheap day....do not and i repeat do not buy anything anywhere near the port....its always expensive even when the euro/pound is good!

Go down to Morlaix and try the local shops or the fantastic market on a Saturday. If you want some food or wine bargains try the E Leclerc supermarket at St Pol de Leon.....and the Lidls opposite it ;D.....both signposted from the road out of Roscoff to Morlaix.

You an still get some really good wines for 2 or 3 euros a bottle, and less if you buy a box. There are some great bargains in the chese counter.........much less on some varieties such as morbiers and brie than at home and as for chocolate spread and posh jam, not to mention mustard....well thats still cheaper too! I still think you can fill the car and save the ferry fare on a cheap day return!

And whilst you are there a meal in the blue creperie in Roscoff....cannot remember its name.....is very cheap and better value than eating on the boat!

www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS