Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Happy goats  (Read 2016 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Happy goats
« on: February 27, 2012, 11:39:07 pm »
My local shop keeps all tatty fruit and veg for me and on Saturday I picked up a big box full of bags of sprouts and a small box of spring greens.  The girls have been having large quantities of sprouts twice a day since then.  They are very happy goats but I|'m just glad | don't have to share a shed with them.   ;) ;D

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Happy goats
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 07:36:30 pm »
:D

I save the sprouts for the chickens - I mix them up with the pellets, otherwise they drag all the green stuff through the mud (they don't seem to mind but I don't like it!)

Has it affected the milk?
I tend not to give G cabbagey things when she's in milk, or just a little bit straight after milking, as I'm worried about it tainting the milk...
Little Blue

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 12:37:32 am »
No chooks unfortunately.  The milk doesn't seem to be tainted.  They were all disgusted tonight when they found they were back to carrots.  Have to hope there are more greens available soon.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 09:21:45 pm »
if you want a good laugh, get them a Watermelon ... the noise they make is hilarious!  :D
Little Blue

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 12:11:35 am »
Must try that.  Flolikes plums and it's really funny when she eats one and spits out the stone - until I'm crawling round trying to collect stones from under everything.   ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS