Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Help for a friend  (Read 1795 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Help for a friend
« on: February 27, 2012, 03:17:12 pm »
I have a friend who has just had a serious operation and needs help in the house for a month till she is on her feet again.  Her husband is on holiday at the moment but when he goes back to work in a weeks time she won't have help.  She is looking for 2 hours a day, 3 days a week for one month then 2 to 3 hours a week after that till she is fully fit.  It is Central Scotland not far from me. - cleaning/tidying up, etc

She could also take someone on to help with the dogs everyday if anyone is experienced - they have a fenced paddock, and she would need the dogs fed, watered, kennels cleaned, and dogs exercised either on lead walk or in the paddock.
Annie
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Help for a friend
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 04:47:11 pm »
I was in a similar situation with an upcoming operation which is similarly going to make me useless for a while, but because I have horses I contacted a local horse sitter. They are booked and also looking after all the other animals.

If you dont find anyone on here, has she thought of trying a horse sitter (even if she doesnt have horses). generally they end up looking after dogs cats and often smaller livestock too as horsey people tend to have them as well. And coping with peoples precious steeds makes the other animals a doddle :-)))

They generally advertise as 'mobile livery services' or 'horse sitter' or holiday groom' or similar.

Might be worth a try.

Bangbang

Re: Help for a friend
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 06:30:13 pm »
You might find help in the work 'wanted' section on Gumtree for your area.
I search regularly and there tends to be several posts done for the type of
help you require. If not post the position. Its not to expensive.

Good luck with your search.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS