Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Mars Bar Cake  (Read 7775 times)

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
Mars Bar Cake
« on: January 26, 2008, 04:15:28 pm »
Ok,as promised........

Soak some sultanas or raisins overnight in dark rum.
6 mars bars,half a block of butter and half a pint of double cream,pre-baked pastry case thing (like the base for a quiche) eggs for meringue.

Chop up the mars bars and melt in a bain marie,once melted,add in butter and melt,then whisk in the double cream,finally adding the raisins/sultanas (optional extra;an egg yolk or three). Pour into the flan case,allow to cool then place in fridge to solidify.

Finally,before serving,whisk up the egg whites,add some sugar,whisk to soft peaks,spoon over the flan and flash cook til slightly brown on top.

I've cooked this numerous times to take to parties,everyone thinks that you've turned up with lemon meringue pie,that is until someone cuts it open,then it's gone within seconds. Great with ice-cream,clotted cream or even hot chocolate fudge sauce.(my fav!)
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Townie

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Fife
    • http://www.townie.wordpress.com
Re: Mars Bar Cake
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 05:35:54 pm »
Ooooo this sounds delicious, I'm going to keep a copy of your recipe and get some mars bars in tomorrow when i'm out and about...

I bet my lot will love this.. thanks for sharing  ;)

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
Re: Mars Bar Cake
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 08:00:40 pm »
Hope you enjoy,and manage to walk it off after!!!

Tomorrow.............. Chestnut and Chocolate Cake.
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS