Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: self build 3 bed house for £21000  (Read 35058 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: self build 3 bed house for £21000
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 09:46:22 am »
I think the price of housing and the opportunities to buy a home for the first time is a pretty touchy subject for those of us between 30 and 40 who have been unable to get onto the housing ladder. Many who normally would have been able to have been absolutely crippled throughout their 20's paying off university expenses and many I know still are. Once they have paid off that 20 - 30k they can start saving the same again to eventually be able to borrow 20 times their salary - does that sound like a working and sustainable system to you?
You are absolutely right.  If there was anything good came out of Sandy being killed in a car accident it was that our children were given enough money from the settlement to buy a small flat, which let them get a foot on the ladder.  I suppose if he had lived we might all still be living together in one house! ::) Not an attractive thought :'( - I need my own space ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

deepinthewoods

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2012, 11:58:58 am »
but that old golf might just get you the deposit ;) ;) :farmer:

maybe in about 20yrs time robert, what it might do is get my daughter hers ;)

Bill the brew

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2012, 10:34:41 pm »
Rents and buying a house is a major expense for anyone, goomh rapidly are the days of inheritance and soon when the elderly relitive dies thier house will be used to pay off deubts, thats if they have thier own house. I noticed where I once owned a semi, its now be split into 2......I bought in low cost times and sold for high prices but now I doubt that will ever happen, people must be loosing thousands, glad I am not selling but I would love some money to snap up a bargain or two. I had a brother who was a lot older, sadly passed away now, but he rented a farm, thats one way to enjoy the farm or smallholding life although I am not sure there are many of them around. We will all end up sharing houses with all our relatives, caring for each other...that sounds ideal :-J

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2012, 08:58:22 pm »
I e-mailed my brother today to show him a house as a way out of the rat race in Cambridge.
There is a 4 bedroom house, attached barn and another barn with 1000 m2 of garden going near us for 46 K. Oh it has a new roof, wood burning stoves with back up electric heating plus a new roof. More land can be rented but the point is there is no work here and there are many propertys like this here. Its OK if you have a few quid tucked away and want a smallholding and live simply but all the youngsters leave the area for work. My brother could afford to sell up , stop workm but this cheap house and live of his equity until his pensions kick in. Will he ? No - because his girls may wantt to live with them after they graduate and he probably wants to leave them a few quid when he dies - and he will soon if he does not stop stressing so much.

www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Pebbles

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Central Scotland
    • Ardunan Farm
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2012, 09:46:40 pm »
We considered using hebridean homes (http://www.hebrideanhomes.com)...their designs are pretty close to the Irish chap's and their SIP Home Kit prices start from £20,500!!! They also offer a water and wind tight installation as well as a full turnkey option.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS