Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Best Concert  (Read 3789 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Best Concert
« on: March 28, 2009, 10:20:54 pm »
In conjunction with Rosemary, what is the best Live Concert you have been to? I have been to many, many concerts but last year I saw Dolly Parton in Glasgow but the icing on the cake was going to see Bette Midler in Vegas. She was so good I went to the show twice and nothing will ever "Top" that experience.

James

JD

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Glasgow
Re: Best Concert
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 10:42:46 pm »
U2 'fight poverty' concert at Hampden Park, Glasgow.

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 10:51:16 pm »
oh, well...... i think seeing U2 at murrayfield on the Joshua Tree tour in 1987 would be it

fantastic day, support bands were Runrig, Love and Money, The Misson and the Pogues (with Kirsty McColl)

I was 15 and in love and had travelled form Inverness to see them (with no way of getting home and nowhere to stay over either!!)

was a great gig, at that young impressionable age when i believe music could change teh world and i had all the answers!!!

close second was going to see Bg country in Dublin - it was the second last gig they did before stuart adamson died. I was in dublin to watch Scotland v Ireland at football, i didn't even know they were playing, met their accountant in a bar and he took me to the gig - ended up on stage at the end of the gig

sandy

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 10:52:03 pm »
U2 in London!!!!!  Zooropa...I think, years ago and I loved Chilli Peppers, give it away, give it away now!!!

sandy

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 10:55:38 pm »
I wold LOVE to see the Pouges one of my face christmas songs is the Fairy tale of New York. I realy enjoyed watching sisters of mercy, the cowd were worth watching with goth brides, camp vicors etc  ;) etc

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 10:59:21 pm »
i've seen the pogues a few times, the best one was on st patricks day - 1991 or 92, celtic had just beaten rangers 2-0 and they(rangers) had 3 players sent off. i was at the game and walked from parkhead back to the barras (officially the best venue ever) with my celtic top and then after a few beers went straight into the gig - it was like a continuation of the football match - fantastic gig.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 11:17:06 pm »
I'm a scaredy pie - I don't do concerts as I'm frightened I get lost in the crowds or get mugged.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 01:20:18 pm »
The BEST concert I ever went to was Guns & Roses at the National Bowl in Milton Keynes in 1993.
I was only 15 at the time (although have to say I was pretty sensible and looked much older) and managed to convince my parents to let me go with my 18 year old friend and we were going on organised buses from Glasgow down and back so they caved in eventually. But, come the time my friend couldn't go and there I was, on my own heading to Milton Keynes  :o
The concert was great, I managed not to get (too) drunk and got on the bus back home. But... I woke up many hours later on a far emptier bus to discover I'd slept right past Glasgow and was approaching Aberdeen lol! Needless to say THAT phonecall home to let my parents know what had happened will be forever etched in my brain. My Mum had made me put money in my doc martin boots (in case I got mugged) so with that I managed to get myself on a train and back down to Glasgow - but needless to say I've never quite lived that one down.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 01:25:58 pm »
Fabulous, thats funny. I bet you will get a laugh out of it for many years....

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 06:22:43 pm »
Peter Gabriel's US tour, I think it was 1990.
On the smaller scale - Shooglenifty at Falkland Festival 2007
:&>

JD

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Glasgow
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 09:32:24 pm »
Hi Sellickbhoy, am so gutted I missed that 87 concert what a line up that was. Must have been a brilliant night. Looking forward to their next one in Glasgow in August.
JD

Wellieboots

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 11:43:02 am »
Being a life long metal head, I'd have to say Slayer in 87, Sabbat in 88 oh & top of the pops would have to be Pink Floyd doing The Wall at earls court...far to long ago! ;)

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 05:35:11 pm »
ive worked in music business since i was 15 and wen to 5-6 gigs a week for many years

not so much now at 49

off to acdc twice this week - a  pet love  (my ex comes to oneof the shoes and we have a 5 star apartment booked by me )which in nindsight was a little crazy but we will have a great evening im certian

best - blimey i dont know - u2 at the marquee about 100 peopleand they were the support band

ramones on every tour
acdc
little steven  and bruc e   springstein

theres so many

chas and dave??

bo diddly
chuck berry

to be continued

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS