Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Earth hour today  (Read 7546 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Earth hour today
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 03:10:14 pm »
How are people like me supposed to survive without electricity if it goes off again?  I have gas central heating but electricity switches it off and on.  I have no other from of heating.  Do you think the situation warrants getting a little gas stove. 

(Oops,sorry, just realised how stupid that was - I could live in my motor-home for a while couldn't I?  That's a very good reason for not selling it! :-*)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

rustyme

Re: Earth hour today
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 03:37:21 pm »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/britain-is-facing-return-of-threeday-week-1515307.html

I remember the three day week well. I was working at a factory that made the then leading edge industrial computer cases, they were bigger than telephone boxes...not home pc's .. they were just something that existed on sci fi films etc. I hated it ...I left for work in the dark at 6am , pitch black everywhere, started work at 8am and came home in  pitch black at 8pm ....then sat in the dark and gloom with just one or two candles ( remember the candle shortage ?) oh and yes I remember the sugar shortage too...I saw three or four standup fights over the stuff ...One involved about about nine or ten women pulling eachother to bits in the supermarket !!!! others involved men kicking the cr*p out of eachother in the street.....crazy .There was a couple that lived next to a friend of mine, who got arrested for hoarding over a ton of it !!! Now that is ludicrous enough in itself , but the people in question didn't even use it ???? nor were they selling it!! AAAAhhh the good ole days .... ::) ::) ::)

cheers

Russ

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS