Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: another incubator query...  (Read 2216 times)

smudger

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Devon/ West Exmoor
another incubator query...
« on: February 17, 2012, 12:19:46 pm »
Having been put off R-Com by previous posters and since Brinsea is British (yeah!) and comes with a 2 year warranty, I have decided on the Brinsea Octagon 20 EX. The new version (2012) has a cooling function, but does make it about £40 more expensive (£220v £260).

Gadget or useful? Suppose to replicate hen getting up and letting eggs cool down. :-\

thx for any advice.
Traditional and Rare breed livestock -  Golden Guernsey Goats, Blackmoor Flock Shetland and Lleyn Sheep, Pilgrim Geese and Norfolk Black Turkeys. Capallisky Irish Sport Horse Stud.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: another incubator query...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 01:19:19 pm »
I think opening a manual incubator and spraying the eggs would have the same effect :-\

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 01:54:22 pm »
I have got the Brinsea octagon 20 advance but without cooling function, it is a couple of years old now. It has been a great incy for me, the hatch rate is very good and it is easy to use. See if you can find a slightly older one without the cooling thingy for cheaper (pardon the pun) I would think agricultural merchants will still have some of the older ones in stock. It'd be worth ringing around. Or try ebay.
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

Derby_menagerie

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Derby
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 02:50:13 pm »
Just a brag here but I got my Brisina from the auction for £3 not working! I'm Electrical Engineer but did Electronics at Uni soon got it up and running! it doesn't have the coolier either so can't comment on that! But other than that it's easy to use, and easy to fix!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS