Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: newark goat show 2012  (Read 4272 times)

chickenfeed

newark goat show 2012
« on: February 18, 2012, 10:20:43 pm »
 :wave:not sure if its of any interest but newark is having goats back this year after a few years break, entry forms are now being sent out atm.

robert waddell

Re: newark goat show 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 09:58:26 pm »
you are going to be busy goats and pigs to show ;) :farmer:

chickenfeed

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 07:24:01 am »
 :wave: not me robert mum and dad have been showing goats since the 70's i gave up the goats when i left home i avoid showing them if i can  ;D.

we started training the pigs yeasterday under brians instructions he seems more excited about it than us  ;)

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 09:44:27 am »
but that is because he has converted another to the world of showing     it is an addiction :farmer:

chickenfeed

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 09:54:21 am »
but that is because he has converted another to the world of showing     it is an addiction :farmer:

:thumbsup:

he is now in in training for the sheep ring so we are all learning

robert waddell

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 10:50:00 am »
at least with sheep they can be halter trained and you do not need to trot for ever round a showring  like these poor saddelback breeders at yorkshire they have my sympathy    :farmer:

chickenfeed

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 09:18:16 am »
at least with sheep they can be halter trained and you do not need to trot for ever round a showring  like these poor saddelback breeders at yorkshire they have my sympathy    :farmer:

some of the sheep shown around here are halter lead then when the judge has don their bit the shhep are set free to be judged again then you catch your sheed before going back to the lines  ;D great fun to watch.

will you be trotting around the ring at yorkshire this yr robert ?

i chipped a bone in my hand on day 2 of piggy training yesterday albert decided he wanted to stay put so my hand got caught up between alberts butt barry's board and a wall all the others involved were totally unaware of my predicament i never mentioned it for a few hours i am now proud owner of a hand with a lump the size of egg and pins a needles from finger tip to elbow but he ho its all for fun  ;D back for a one handed round today  ;)

robert waddell

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 10:30:00 am »
we are intending to go   but there are a lot more shows in Scotland this year also depends on the quality of the pigs     we were very lucky last year and took full advantage of it    we have a young boar from last year that has turned out better than we thought but will be at the unmanageable stage :farmer:

chickenfeed

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 10:43:23 am »
Quote from: robert waddell    we have a young boar from last year that has turned out better than we thought but will be at the unmanageable stage :farmer:
[/quote

whats wrong with you man there is no such thing as unmanageable  ;D just needs more training i am sure with both of your pigs skills you could tame him before the shows  ::)

robert waddell

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 11:21:24 am »
well    he has served one sow already      and has taken to masturbation to get satisfaction now that he is penned by himself :farmer:

chickenfeed

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 11:39:06 am »
well    he has served one sow already      and has taken to masturbation to get satisfaction now that he is penned by himself :farmer:

typical male then  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS