Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Aylesbury Ducklings  (Read 3939 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Aylesbury Ducklings
« on: March 27, 2009, 11:16:49 pm »
Anyone looking for Aylesbury ducklings, I am about to incubate some eggs and will be selling some. Won't hatch until end of April, if interested let me know.

James

sandy

Re: Aylesbury Ducklings
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 07:18:31 am »
When will they be ready to collect so I can get their home nice?

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 08:01:49 am »
Sandy - depends on how early you want them. They take 28 days to hatch and then need to be kept under a heat lamp for 4/5 weeks. This all depends on the weather outside ofcourse. If you are going to look after them inside and give them a heat lamp you can have them straight away, if not you have to wait till they are big enough to wander about safely outside with no risk of being picked up by a bigger bird. Again, you want 2 girls so they are much older before they can be sexed.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 09:45:09 pm »
So you are talking about 3 months from now for 2 females, 2 months if taking a chance on sex ;), and 5 weeks or so if you borrow one of my heat lamps and take a chance on sex ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 09:51:07 pm »
Yes, really by 5 weeks they should be running around outside but you just have to take 2 and hope for the best!! It's the sexing of them that would prevent Sandy taking them so young.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 11:22:11 pm »
Depends if you want eggs or not Sandy
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 11:27:59 pm »
I' OK to Waite for 3 mths....... hope w have a good summer,when I got my chickens it seem to never stop raining though I have a very dry bit of garden where there house is as it is covered by a huge conifer tree

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS