Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Forth and Tay Goatkeepers- Kid Party  (Read 2477 times)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Forth and Tay Goatkeepers- Kid Party
« on: March 27, 2009, 12:45:42 am »
Hi all,

Just thought this might be of interest to some people. The Forth and Tay Goatkeepers is a little club that was set up about 27 years ago. It was originally set up for the members to have get togethers in the winter months, because they saw each other regularly in the summer at shows, and then had no contact for 6 months over the winter. Its called the Forth and Tay becuase generally our members live between the Forth and the Tay!

So all we do is have a few get togethers or meetings during the winter months. I'm posting this at the wrong time of year I know! Our AGM is in September, we have a lunch get together in October, a Quiz night in December (which is our Christmas party), a Burns supper in January, and we try and have a couple of meetings with a guest speaker.

If anyone is interested in coming along to meetings starting from next September please let me know.

However, a bit more immediately than that, we also have our annual "Kid Party" on the 2nd May. Its held at one of our members houses in Dollar. We gather at midday, have a picnic lunch and judging starts at 1pm! Its really a bit of fun, just to get the new goat kids used to the idea of going to a show.

At the end of competitive classes we have a selection of "fun" classes, ranging from goat statues, to goat recall, best 6 legs, and culminating in a Fancy Dress competition (where a goat has to be incorporated into the costume!). Last year's winner was my neice Daisy who was dressed up as a post box, with an Anglo-Nubian kid dressed up as a letter.

If anyone wants to come along, please feel free- just let me know and I can give directions  ;D

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Re: Forth and Tay Goatkeepers- Kid Party
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 12:48:18 am »
Daisy with her winning entry.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 01:19:11 am »
That sounds great fun - do you have to own a goat to come?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 01:45:32 am »
Of course not- all welcome!  ;D

Beth

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 10:51:05 pm »
Sounds like a grand day Beth, may bring Gizmo and Fred, I hope the weather is good for everyone to enjoy.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS