Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I've been busy, what have I missed  (Read 3220 times)

greenfingers

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Grange by Keith, Banffshire
I've been busy, what have I missed
« on: March 26, 2009, 10:26:31 pm »
Hello, I've not been on here for a wee while.  My new job keeps me busy and I have been trying to get in the garden, thats a laugh this week.  I am on holiday this week trying to get my garden sorted and seeds planted, well really I should have taken last week off with the weather we have up here this week. Despite the weather I have managed to get in 2 lots of tatties and my onion sets.  I have seeds potted in the greenhouse, some of which have started to sprout.  I have also managed to get my poppy meadow seeded this week, that has taken quite a while to do.
Just quickly reading a few topics, I am sad about Jades Goody's death, I did not like her, but she was a young woman with 2 young sons and they nor she deserved any of that. Not sure if  I agree with how she did it.  I love the Gorden Brown poem, I have just emailed that to my family I hope they laughed like I did.
I have had to slaughter 5 of my cockerals, it was like a gang bang rape in a morning when we let them out.  They all attacked my new ex batt girlies, the terror on their faces when they saw the boys being let out. Now that they are gone, they are laying eggs and their feathers have grown back and they are looking really lovely now.  They come and talk to you and follow you around in the garden, they know when you go and find the food box to fill their trays up, they are not daft.  But the boys are very tasty.  My Mum thinks I am savage.
I really enjoyed the Victorian Farm programme, everyone was talking about it at work, my Dad really enjoyed it also, we were both sad when it finished I thought what am I going to watch now.  I hope they do something like that again.
The news in general is depressing at the moment, so many people are dying or getting killed, it is so sad.  I am sat here watching the ten o clock news on BBC1, I don't why I bother.
Does everyone else feel like that.
I hope everyone is keeping well.
Elaine
Elaine

Always look on the bright side of life, de dum, de dum de dum, de dum!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: I've been busy, what have I missed
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 01:30:46 am »
Welcome back Elaine.  I long since gave up watching the news - sad, disgusting or boring, sometimes all three.  Now I just get News flashes on the computer of the important stuff - well what they think is important anyway. ;)
As you can see some people have got pretty het up about some stuff, others are sad, others are happy - I just go on my happy little way, enjoying being down here in Central Scotland, seeing my kids and grandkids, walking my dogs, growing my veg seeds, planting my fruit trees, meeting new friends, catching up with old school friends (off to edinburgh tomorrow so better get to bed or I'll miss the train!)
Annie

Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

DavidnChris

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 08:37:40 am »

The news in general is depressing at the moment, so many people are dying or getting killed, it is so sad.  I am sat here watching the ten o clock news on BBC1, I don't why I bother.
Does everyone else feel like that.
I hope everyone is keeping well.
Elaine

Many years ago I asked my Grandad if he had seen the news, I'll always remember his reply. He didn't watch it anymore as it depressed him and he couldn't change things anyway.
The funny thing is, I'm soon to be a Grandad myself and I can now see exactly where he was coming from.
In many ways life is a circle, and eventually like fashion it comes round.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 11:30:33 am »
We are just trolling on with the pigs, ducks have multiplied and the cockerels are doing their utmost to even out the balance.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 08:37:15 pm »
We're nearly lambing. Had a look at Jinx's foot thsi morning and ran a hand down her underside and she's got a wee udder. Not very big but definitely there. So exciting.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 03:24:56 pm »
planted out some beetroots and some tatties and did a blits in the greenhouse also set up my greenhouse tomatoes irrigation system, also bought some growbags for the outdoor tomatoes.
I have 30 more potatoes to plant out but have run out of soil to put in the buckets, all different varities

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS