Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Zucchini (courgette) or white nectarine recipes?  (Read 3128 times)

aliceinwonderland

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Victoria, Australia
  • one day, i will live in my very own wonderland
Zucchini (courgette) or white nectarine recipes?
« on: February 14, 2012, 10:21:20 am »
Hi everyone,
Here in sunny Australia we're at the height of our vegie harvest, and I have a huge glut of zucchinis (courgettes) and am about to have a lot of white nectarines too.... I'm running out of recipe ideas to use them all up, and don't want to feed it all to the chooks (hens)!

Does anyone have any ideas/secret recipes that they'd like to share?

Slightly jealous of your snowy winter...
Alice
planning to have: beef cattle, a house cow (or two), maybe some goats, definitely some hens and ducks, a lovely farm with rolling hills and a stream running through the back paddock, and a cottage covered with climbing roses and an old wood-fired stove.

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: Zucchini (courgette) or white nectarine recipes?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 10:30:30 am »
I make a lot of jams and chutneys from them and also sell a lot at the gate. I also make italian style pasta sauce things from surplus tomatoes, courgettes peppers etc and freeze them to last all year.

Goldcraig

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Ayrshire
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 03:36:35 pm »
Exactly what I would do.....fresh vegetable and tomato sauce,blitzed and frozen...multitude of uses and great for the bambino's who don't like veggies.... :yum:
Trust me.....I'm a Chef !!

deepinthewoods

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 08:34:43 pm »
my favourite courgette recipe is thick sliced and seared in clarified butter with a drizzle of lemon juice and some good sea salt, served hot on a rocket salad with slithers of quality parmesan and some cracked pepper. yum!

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 09:20:03 pm »
Courgette cake like carrot cake yummy.  Goggle recipe
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

aliceinwonderland

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Victoria, Australia
  • one day, i will live in my very own wonderland
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 11:37:51 pm »
Thanks everyone!
I'll give some of them a try and will let you know how it goes.
Cheers!
Alice
planning to have: beef cattle, a house cow (or two), maybe some goats, definitely some hens and ducks, a lovely farm with rolling hills and a stream running through the back paddock, and a cottage covered with climbing roses and an old wood-fired stove.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS