Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sadly rehoming - Forfar  (Read 5907 times)

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
Sadly rehoming - Forfar
« on: February 13, 2012, 03:33:12 pm »
My husband has been offered a job in Australia that is too good to refuse so it looks like we will be relocating in October.  As much as I would like to take my 5 dogs and 3 cats with us, it's not really an affordable option.  So, we are very sadly having to rehome them.  They are all very good and loving dogs and we have never had any problems with them at all.  I would like them to go somewhere where they will be loved and cared for and preferably, somewhere that I could contact every now and again to see how they are doing.  This will be a heartbreaking parting and that would help us adjust greatly.  Our aged Border Collie is going to a family member and we are taking our German Shepherd pup with us but we also have Molly, an adorable chocolate lab.  She is unneutered and like any chocolate lab likes her food so you have to get the balance of exercise/food right or she can get a little belly.  She has never had pups.  My husband had her before I came on the scene and I'm not sure why they never neutered her.  She is registered but her papers were destroyed in a fire many years ago (one that she saved all the family from).  Then we have our 4 and a half year old English Springer Spaniel girls Conker and Willow (we got them in the autumn, hence the names)  They are both quite happy to sleep all day or go mental on a walk, they are very lovable girls who are always prepared to give you a cuddle. Both have been dressed.
I have attached a couple of pictures - hope I did it properly.

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
Re: Sadly rehoming - Forfar
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 04:23:44 pm »
We also have two cats that we need to rehome - again very sadly.  They are a mother and daughter (6 and 5) called Isis and Venus.  They are both fab mousers who stay away from the chickens and will sleep all day and hunt all night.  These two are my babies and I am loathe to get rid of them. 
All of our animals are great with other animals and kids.  All of their immunisations etc are up to date and we have their records availble.
Melanie

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 04:25:25 pm »
can't seem to get the pics to upload but I can email anyone who is interested x

Sandy

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 04:34:32 pm »
I feel for  you, I would have her but we already have 4 and maybe more Labs, we so love our chocolate one!!!!
My daughter has re homed her dogs due to emigrateing, the oppertunity is too good to miss, n ot many prospects here so, hope she finds a wonderful home :'(

Maria1969

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 05:09:04 pm »
Hi

I may know someone who would like your chocolate lab, can I ask how old she is and could I possibly have a picture please I will try and pm you my email addy.

Many thanks

Maria
1 x soon to be husband, 2 x kids, 1 x dog, 1 x cat, 10 x ex bat chickens, 2 x rabbits, 1 x Gecko and 6 x 12 week old cocker spaniel puppies :0)

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 06:06:00 pm »
Molly, our chocolate lab is 8.  I'll try again with the pics. Thanks Sandy x

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 08:33:09 pm »
Great opportunity but we'll miss you  :)

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 09:20:34 pm »
I'll still be on keeping an eye out for you all.  You don't fancy taking a couple of mousers do you Rosemary  ;D ;D

princesspiggy

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 11:03:39 pm »
a chocolate lab, now thats temptation. is she house trained?

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 12:05:19 am »
She is house trained and she is beautiful.  If I had a spare twenty thousand I'd take them all with me! So sad to have to leave them all.
Mel

princesspiggy

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 09:24:36 pm »
if your stuck for a home for the choc lab, we could offer her one. wer in aberdeenshire and already have a male chocolate lab, a lhaso apso and a gsd bitch. wer on a farm and home allday.
just pm me nearer the time.

www.auchlethen.com

i went to australia to live once and it broke my heart leaving my horse behind - her plane ticket was £15k so she had to stay in uk. before they relaxed the rabies law, there was only a months quarantine for dogs etc now its 6 mths, is it? but i think its only a month if u come back again. unless its changed since then as that was 10 yrs ago.

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 12:10:10 pm »
Its only a 30 day quarantine period but they have to have rabies shots and blood tests 6 months prior to going.  We are in the thick of it just now with house valuations and shipping valuations - all things that will cost us lots of money haha  Thanks PP - I'll give you a shout nearer the time x

princesspiggy

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 04:57:02 pm »
30 days is good. 6 mths is quitye soul destroying.
you're welcome  :D :D :wave:

princesspiggy

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 07:59:54 am »
are your 2 cats still needing a home?
my friend has just lost their elderly cat and might be interested.  they are a very nice family and live on edge of our village. aberdeenshire.
what are the cats details, names ages colour etc and when are they available.
thanks mel.

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 10:21:22 am »
The cats have already found a home which they will be moving to next week with the chickens and goats.  It is an awful feeling having to find new homes for them all - I feel like I'm letting them all down.  I know they will all be fine but its just the first step in a long process and it is very sad.  We have a lady interested in the spaniels though and they could be homed together which is great news and I hope that works out.  My husband still hasn't asked his parents to take our elderly border collie gentleman but I'm hoping that'll be ok.  Then its just our big choco lab.  Oh and selling the house of course - not an easy thing in this market but fingers crossed.  Thanks for your help though PP.
x

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS