Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Man & pick up needed central scotland  (Read 3318 times)

Sandy

Man & pick up needed central scotland
« on: February 11, 2012, 11:42:40 am »
I have found a shed I want delivered but cannot find a suitable delivery for it as its big, I am willing to pay delivery but think an open back truck or similar as the roof is 9ftx5ft...the sides are only 5ft so not too high but then of course if it costs too much the shed is not such a good buy pluss its about 70 miles away....suggestions please???

robert waddell

Re: Man & pick up needed central scotland
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 11:52:24 am »
i think they charge about £1 per mile  :farmer:

Sandy

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 12:22:29 pm »
£70 would be just about OK, no more otherwise we may get a new one but its just suitable but most man and vans are just not big enough.....???

chickenfeed

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 12:28:04 pm »
 ;) you need a man & trailer

Sandy

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 12:35:26 pm »
I cannot leave the house too long due to pups, otherwise I could hire something......I do need a man and trailer but not sure how you find them to deliver...its a bit too far to make it economical I t hink!

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 01:25:50 pm »
sandy

where is it and how urgently does it need collecting?

it would fit on my trailer with a bit of care but i cant go get it till at least the w/c 20th feb as my towing car is poorly and is waiting to be repaired sometime that week.

Sandy

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 01:53:40 pm »
I have left a few messages with the man but he has not got back, he replyed this morning to say I could have it if I found transport but as I have had probs I left another message saying if he could get it here I would pay another £60  on top of his price....I do not need if urgently but as you know with sheds etc, they soon get taken...I may well end up  buying a new one as the cost is getting nearer to a new price ..Thats so nice bloomer, you shall have to make yourself known to me as I am near to you, need no jobs doing  (or do I ::) ) Thanks...GET WELL SOON car...ours is due its check up at the end of the month too!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 02:03:19 pm »
This company delivers free - 9 x 5 is unusual size - nearest is 8 x 6 (£150)
http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/Timber-Garden-Sheds/rustic-overlap
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 04:00:32 pm »
THanks but not really the thing we want, too much a shed this is a little log cabin and not 9x5 its just the longest bit is 8ft and so for many vans thats too big, we just thought it was the correct look, not much like a shed and cheap!!

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 04:10:20 pm »
well the offer stands if you need after the 20th

depending on location would depend on price etc.

Sandy

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 04:24:55 pm »
Thanks bloomer....I shall send you a pm!! ;D

Sandy

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 05:13:59 pm »
The man has rang back now as he was at work, the shed could fit into something like a transit and is fully dismantled, the man took it from his brothers house on a small trailer that they borrowed but took a few trips so a reasonable size pick up should do the trick...I do not want a shinny new shed and this one would fit in nicely and although not at all posh, should suit the garden and we can then have a nice dry outside store instead of the leaky garage....so I can take up the offer as he will keep it for us, and if poss I can send along my husband wth the driver to help and pay!!!!! Fingers crossed!! thanks

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 06:31:51 pm »
THanks but not really the thing we want, too much a shed this is a little log cabin and not 9x5 its just the longest bit is 8ft and so for many vans thats too big, we just thought it was the correct look, not much like a shed and cheap!!
Sounds nice, hope you get sorted
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS