Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: If you aren't doing anything wrong , theres nothing to worry about ???????  (Read 7280 times)

rustyme

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090325/twl-facebook-and-co-face-big-brother-mon-3fd0ae9.html

Now they are really stepping up the anti......Another data base.... of course they don't want to read any of your emails or posts or to know who you chat too .......unless you are a terrorist or a criminal or an activist or belong to the BNP or speak openly about anything they decide you shouldn't ....or ..or ... or ...the gets longer day by day ....but as long as you aren't doing anything wrong , there's nothing to worry about ???? is there?????? like you medical records being given to social services or to future employers?????? We now have more databases on each and every one of us , than the Russians had on their people in the days of the KGB !!!!

cheers

Russ

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
Big Brother is watching!

sandy

My brother talked of this years ago when a lot of people still used phone boxes, he mentioned when certain key words were spoken a recording device kicked in. I have nothing at all to hide but on a rather sinister side, we all can say the odd sarcastic or silly remark, especially in personal messages to people who know us well, if some one was to listen in they could easily twist the facts or indeed make associations. I worked with people connected to terrorism in various settings (probation,  homeless, refugees and Prison) and my partner worked in an area where he chatted regulalry with locals and unbeknown to him, 2 doors down from his tiny office, was a bomb factory, now if he was chatting to them and made sort of friends and said "silly" things, as he may well do in casual conversations, that could lead to him being an associate...he didn't and it hasn't BUT it could!!!!! I know I am not being silly as I have often been misheard or understood over trivial things and with E Mail's and no face or bodily contact, you can easily get the wrong end of the stick..Better watch out ::)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Look at the hoo ha Carol Thatcher got into when she thought she was having a private conversation!

sandy

Exactly.... ::)

carole h

• Joined Jan 2009
My conversations usually make drying paint look interesting .... good luck to "them"! :'(

HappyHippy

It's really getting to the stage of invasion of privicy that makes me feel quite uncomfortable. Now that they can hear WHAT we say, how long before they try to control what we say - and what then, will they try to control what we think ??? It's turning into a dictatorship in this country, we're being governed by morons who don't listen to what people here actually want and instead do what they're told by the big bad europeans (eh, they have a history of this - do they not?)

On a slightly different tact - but still way up there with the conspiricy theories imo, I've been watching the farm on Ch 4 in the mornings and now they can produce blood in a lab. Great, excellent for all the low blood stocks in the country and will no doubt save thousands of lifes - BUT is this not genetically modified engineered blood? What will they actually put in it ? and more to the point will it affect us in any way - it wouldn't surprise me if they started messing with the 'undesirable' genes to breed a race of GM humans who do what they're told, when they're told and don't cause any problems. Oh, no, hang on a minute - that was pure fiction made up by Hollywood in the film Judge Dread..........................wasn't it ? :o

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
to be perfectly honest, as a good law abiding citizen i don't have anything to fear about "them" tracking me constantly - be it my location via mobile phone tracking, my health details, where i shop, what i buy, where i drive, what benefits i claim, what i earn, what tax i pay, where my kids go to school, what internet pages i look at, the emails i send etc.

Ok, maybe the huge amount of music and movies i download is a worry to me, but in the grand scheme of things - i'm not too worried about big brother watching me.

what i am worried about is that i just don't trust the government to keep that info secure. some twat will invariable lose it - be it left on a laptop on a train, posted via an unsecure means or even jsut sold to the highest bidder when they decide to privatise this, that or the other.

I also don't want them selling my health or lifestyle info to insurance companies, don't want them using my info to help private companies market products to me, don't want to end up getting unsolicited calls/emails/letters from folk offering me things.

the other thing that worries me slightly is that i don't want the people who work in collecting and maintaining this data gossiping about me. I know what office tittle tattle is like, and to be honest, i'm the worst one for it - but who really cares if Qlogic switches are rubbish and we're hardly selling any because they have poor quality?? OK, Qlogic cares, but it's not the same as your neighbour finding out you have pancreatic cancer before you've got the results posted back to you!

I think the government should really focus on a way that they can collect and maintain this data without it being leaked all over town before they think about increasing the data they collect.

sandy

I  used to be concerned about how many people know more about my life than I do, when I lived in a small town everyone knew everyone, our accountant and a lot of staff that worked there were people we knew well, so was our Solicitor, the Insurance man, School teachers, the Dr we did not know only in a medical sense and that was very good but most of his "reception" staff, who dealt with our files, were know by us and were the biggest gossips out!!! I could go on. Several times stuff, very Innocent got about in minuets about me, one occasion my ex came around to collect my daughter and said "where have you had new carpets then?" I said I hadn't...he had been told there was a carpet fitter, also someone we knew, outside my house!!!!! another time out shopping people kept asking me if I was OK, I smiled and thought,,,strange! it turned out someone down the road had hung themselves and people thought it was my husband....I could go on and on, mostly just tittle tackle, some a bit more serious but I put a stop to them very quickly but, I was so glad to move some where new, I felt like I was even having my shopping checked out in Tesco, as I knew most of the staff there too. Now google can what our homes, very good tool for burglers my small town experiance is nothing. This example is a bit like Big Brother, I have nothing to hide either BUT!

rustyme

if you pay for your groceries by debit , credit or store card then the super market already has a complete record of everything you have ever bought, they call it something? marketing . I can't remember the name , but they say it is to provide a better service to you ? This applies to all large shops not just food stores. Medical records are already passed around ad hock. No doubt criminal ones are too. I know it is possible for more or less anybody to get hold of this information. I had a look about on the net and found all sorts of information on how to hack into different data bases. It is possible and it CAN be done ... I know I did it . I won't say what or when because it is no doubt illegal , but it is very scarey that anyone (me) can get hold of almost any information about anybody !!!! I don't really care about local individuals gossiping about me , they know more about me than I do !!! I DO care about government bodies holding this information though . The  whole population has now got so brain washed that most just accept it as fact that is ok for the government to hold all this info and that it is for our good and helps against crime and terrorism ....crap. CCTV they say helps the fight against crime ....  police figures state that they help solve less than 3% of all crime. What they do though is make millions of pounds in speeding fines on roads . One camera placed on a road (costing thousands of pounds to do so ) will pay for itself in a very short time .It is purely a money making thing and now a control thing . As for living in a dictatorship .... we already are ....no joke here we ARE in one . The EU is governed by the EU government, WRONG. That is just the face of the controling EU commission . They are the ones that tell the EU government what to do . The EU commission  is an unelected body and has complete control over the EU government and the EU government then tells our government what to do .80% of all legislation in our house of parliament is EU leglislation that our government are obliged to pass . If they don't, the EU commission can overide anything we say no to and there is nothing we can do about it . I do not have any problems with europeans , none at all . It is the EU commission I have problems with . I had relatives die in WW2 , they died (along with hundreds of thousands more ),to keep the UK  free from dictatorship . It now turns out they died for nothing .Our government has done what Hitler could not do . Blair even changed the law on treason so he couldn't be tried for it when he signed the treaty . When Ireland voted no to the Lisbon treaty that should have been it , as under EU law , if one country says no then that treaty is dead.   Well when they voted NO all the EU said was , we will just change to law ...it will go ahead , it doesn't matter about Ireland they will just have to have another referendum and if they vote no again , another, till they vote yes , or we will change the law to bypass their no vote. How is that for freedom ?  We have a right to freedom and privacy A RIGHT ..they are taking it away day by day and we are letting them do it . Little black boxes are already being made by Siemans and WILL be fitted to all cars . These black boxes will track every movement you make in your car. They will know where you have been when you went there how long you were there what speed you did and even if you were parked legally or not . If you break the speed limit at any time you will receive your fine through the post . This system works on a sort of reverse gps type system . It is comming into being . Like the biometrc id cards that will carry all our details on , in  the USA they are already taking that further . Biometric implants . They are at present , only on a voluntary basis. There are plans to use them for criminals , the mentally ill etc etc .....Could that happen here ? of course it can and almost definitely will !!!

cheers

Russ

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft

Rustyme, I am seriously considering denouncing you to the government as a traitor. Free thinkers like you are a threat to the party. Who are you not to follow the ideals of our esteemed leaders.....my God it's almost reminiscent of WWII ...Vichy government...denouncing free thinkers...threat to the  'party' (I soooo want to put in the N*** word, but we can't have little red flags popping up all over the place!). Doesn't history have a nasty habit of repeating itself

To the battlements my friends, Vive la Resistance!!

:farmer:

rustyme

;D ;D ;Dlol..... you have no idea how much I have to restrain myself on these subjects !!! :o ::) ;D . I had never been polical at all ....till the last  10 years or so . I think it is an age related thing somewhat , in that I say it how I see it and I don't care if it doesn't fit with sheeples views. They are entitled to their view and I to mine . Unlike most sheeples I say what I see . I do realise it isn't their fault and I do not be-little them (apart from calling them sheeple???)  . However on a site such as this , I think I must resist venting, my ever increasing hatred of goverment after government ripping my country apart and pushing more and more controls on us , allowing us less and less freedom , to a rather muted statement of one or two ??? things that are being illegally thrown at us . I may be wrong on one or even all my beliefs ? but it is my natural right as a free person to be wrong !!!! IF I AM ??? I don't happen to think I am ... ::) ;D . Most people who don't like what I say, dislike it because what I say frightens them and with just a small amount of investigation on their part , can be proved right . WE have become complacent as a people , and don't want to see what IS happening . What is going on now is , I think !!, opening many peoples eyes to what is really happening , and there are many people who will do more than just talk about it . I am glad I am to old for that ?????????? ::) ;D Yes ..  history does repeat itself .... I don't like the thought of where it will lead !!! Oh and , after some of the letters I have written to the present government , I think they know my views on them .... :o No doubt I already have a BIG red flag next to my name...and no I am not a cummunist !!!! Free speaker yes .... to my last breath ......

cheers

Russ

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
You're not alone russ! I'm in my late 30's and have seen some really big changes in the last few years...very few of them good. Civil liberties are like a cliff face...constantly being eroded by the 'official' sea.

sandy

I am not really in touch with politics but I know that people who do and will benefit will be criminals, they can steal identities, cars, credit cards and trade in cash, they often recieve minor sentances and get loads of support and  help all paid for by the tax payer......and often the victim of crime comes off worse.

Crofter

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Isle of Lewis
  • We'll get there!
    • Ravenstar
I am not really in touch with politics but I know that people who do and will benefit will be criminals, they can steal identities, cars, credit cards and trade in cash, they often recieve minor sentances and get loads of support and  help all paid for by the tax payer......and often the victim of crime comes off worse.

I don't know how long we'll be allowed to "trade in cash" if things carry on as they are!  Supermarkets know what you buy, the banks know how you paid for it, who owns the majority of the banks? .....Oh! The government.  They now have free access to all financial transactions except cash.  Of course there is now the new smart card to pay for small items without your PIN to bother with, so in a few years they can phase out cash and then they'll know everything.  (Don't tell them about barter!)

Dave
Comfortable B&B on a working Croft on the Isle of Lewis. www.Ravenstar.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS