Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: IW 510 horsebox for sale  (Read 2342 times)

welshlass181

• Joined Jan 2011
IW 510 horsebox for sale
« on: February 06, 2012, 01:40:03 pm »
Sorry if this is in the wrong place but i am advertising on behalf of a friend on mine.  She has a blue IW 510 horsebox that'll carry 2 x 17.2hh horses easily. 

For those who have facebook i've got a couple of photos of it :) it's in Carmarthenshire.

Galv chassis steel floor with rubber on top, twin axle, good tyres all round including new spare! Tows beautifully. All internals as they should be load bars/ dividers etc, all doors/locks good! £2750

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
Re: IW 510 horsebox for sale
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 08:08:18 am »
Do you know when it was last serviced by a fully qualified trailer mechanic ?

As horse trailers are being stopped regularly now... it is important to have that all important service certificate that is issued by qualified mechanics.

I am assuming that this trailer is more than 5yrs old due to the coloured interior.

welshlass181

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 05:38:32 pm »
No idea re any of that but i do know that it is immaculate inside.  If anybody is interested i'll pass on the owners details

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 06:21:48 pm »
Ifor 510s are well regarded, even more so than the more recent 511s which had some teething issues with mouldy plastic bits, so some people actively prefer the 510 and look for them.

I would say any buyer of a trailer should be making their own inspection or better bring a qualified mechanic to do so at the time they are buying, since any certificate altho a bonus would be out of date the day after it was done.

good luck on your friends sale.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS