Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: mites/lice etc  (Read 2242 times)

trying

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Lincs Notts border
mites/lice etc
« on: February 04, 2012, 07:38:52 pm »
Hi, I really do not know if my goats have any of these or not, we can't see anything but our 3 nannies that are due to kid are doing a lot of grooming/nibbling at themselves ( Billy who run's with them is not) if they do have anything what would be safe to treat them with so close to kidding?
Regards Ann

fifixx

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Shillingstone, Dorset
    • Bere Marsh Farm
Re: mites/lice etc
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 07:40:13 pm »
do you have chickens and use diatom?  Bit of that rubbed in might help as would some tea tree or Neem oil

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 08:46:55 pm »
I don't know off the top of my head and if they are due kid very soon I would check up with your vet - but 'spot on' can be used on goats - don't believe it's too nasty - we use Crovect but it's pretty nasty stuff and I would wait till they had kidded - even then double check re milk - I'm sure someone will know more
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 08:47:44 pm »
I have been struggling with my longcoated GG's this winter. I use Spot-on, not aware if there are any issues re them being in kid though. As it is on the skin I wouldn't think so, but maybe have a quick word with your vet.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS