Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Been away for while but am back now!  (Read 2129 times)

Pony-n-trap

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Been away for while but am back now!
« on: January 31, 2012, 08:52:36 pm »
Hi!

Not logged in for a while as we have been busy tring to get our new house sorted, we bought 'dreamhome' in July, nearer to the land we rent but it also surrounded by a 10 acre field that we hope we will be able to peruade the owner of that to sell to us.

Still got the dogs, horses, ducks, chickens, guinea fowl, we fattened 2 pigs, they are now in the freezer and the ewes are due to lamb 1st april, there are still 2 lambs from last year in with them due for the freezer soon.

Not got the veggie garden going yet as where we put the pigs to clear, they uncovered the remains of a building, am wondering if it could have been a stable as I found tiny horseshoes!!  But, maybe this year my veggies will be in tubs and small borders til an area is cleared.

One of the best bits, we actually have a River Cottage! We have a stream running through our garden!

Hope you are all well!

Looking forward to going to the first Smallholder 'Gathering' in September in Forfar is it??

Sandy

Re: Been away for while but am back now!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 09:07:54 pm »
How exciting, looking forward to pictures...hard work I bet though!!!!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 11:03:47 pm »
 :wave:  Hi.  I only joined since you took a break so glad to know you.  I'm in Shropshire.

scotelf

• Joined Aug 2010
  • West Lothian
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 08:41:56 pm »
Sounds like you've been really busy  :wave:
Lynn :)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 09:09:50 pm »
Welcome back! Sounds like a lot of fun - hope you can secure the 10 acres too  :thumbsup:

Yes, Scottish Smalholder and Grower Festival, Sunday 30th September, Forfar Market

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 01:26:46 pm »
Welcome back  :wave: :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS