Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Thieving little git  (Read 3780 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Thieving little git
« on: April 04, 2009, 10:20:19 pm »
Don't know if I should really tell this story but I think it's quite funny. At lunch time today we had a table of 3 in - grandparents and grandson who would have been about 9 or 10 years old. They were very "pukka" to be honest. Anyway as they were leaving i saw the grandad put a £1 coin under the coffee cup as a tip. As they were milling around my sister didn't go clear the table and the young boy was hanging around the table. When we went to clear the table the tip had gone and I made eye contact with the child and his face went beet root. What a thieving little bugger!!! It did give us a laugh though.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Thieving little git
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 10:31:27 pm »
He'll go far though that one! ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 11:02:06 pm »
A sharpe kid, he has his wits about him. We don't get many tips but Steve got £5 from a young couple and I refused £5 Dhoo!!! due to my social service training....anyway, I was angry when someone stole a book that was a christmas present, my grandchildren loved it but then realised we have not had anything else stolen in over 2 years even having a now jailed burgler stay....I love doing B&B, we meet some great people but sometimes????? How long have you been in the trade?

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 11:53:17 pm »
Been in the trade since I was 19 Sandy (now 41). I started as a bar man, worked my way through the ranks and was manager of a few 4 star properties before deciding enough was enough and bought my own place. It's just a small place but didn't want anything big, been there seen it and got the t short so to speak. Every property I manged was big, state of the art leisure clubs etc and the majority of my time was spent in an office doing paper work and worrying about money. Never want to work for the "big boys" again. We work 7 days a week, from morning till late at night but you know what - I don't wanna swap it. I have a good life here and have all the animals which are just brilliant, I clean, serve food and drink and do everything I guess here but very happy. You will know with your b&b just how tying it is????

James

carole h

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 07:52:53 pm »
 ....work 7 days a week, from morning till late at night but you know what - I don't wanna swap it. I have a good life here and have all the animals which are just brilliant, I clean, serve food and drink and do everything I guess here but very happy. You will know with your b&b just how tying it is????

James
[/quote]

Sounds good to me ... much better than being stuck in an office etc. I am giving up my full time job to be more self-sufficent - I know I will have to do more/ work harder ... but, hopefully, I will have more time to actually feel connected to life - rather than feeling as though I am tied to a treadmill.

sandy

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 08:24:15 pm »
I had a nice house, a good wage in a nice village but although I do miss my children as they live in the midlands, I love the life up here in central Scotland,  it is like having friends visit, they give you money and there are no ties. I love meeting so many different people, nearly all have been great, one thing that gets to me is when sometimes we find people smoking in their rooms...I tell them but they think just because they open a window, I will not notice!! the smell filters through the whole house and makes me wheeze, I think that is the major bad point....otherwise, touch wood, it's great!!!! ;)

DavidnChris

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 10:58:09 am »
We don't get many tips but Steve got £5 from a young couple and I refused £5 Dhoo!!!
If on the rare occasion I get offered a tip at our Bee and Bee I say " are you sure ? " and in the same breath, "that's very kind of you" then I put it in my pocket.
I see it this way, after the level of personal service the guest has with us compared to a meal in a restaurant a tip is far more deserved here than there.
With regards to the little boy, had I actually seen him take the £ I would have been tempted to tackle him about it in front of his Grandparents, lessons, however hard sometimes have to be learned.
www.kingswood-guesthouse.co.uk

sandy

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 12:47:33 pm »
I like the look of your  :bee: and :bee:, I also like the bit about charging for residue smoke, I get angrey as my partner smokes and it is His house yet smokes outside, to smell cigarette smoke comming into your bedroom is horrid, we don't get that many smoke though but when challenged they say they haven't, anyway, I suppose we have no real horror stories like some people, just a few wet beds, :gloomy: a bit of sick   :notwell::and some spilt food :pig:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 03:34:08 pm »
Isn't it funny how "peeing" the bed is quite common? We too tell evryone that it is non smoking but there are always the odd ones that ignore this. The second we go upstairs you smell it so it's straight down to their room and tell them to stop. When I was manager at a hotel in Inverness any room where someone had been smoking had an automatic £75 added to their bill for cleaning charges! My OH smokes but isn't allowed to smoke indoors so why should the visitors?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS