Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Meat Grinders Sausage fillers  (Read 3696 times)

Mel

Meat Grinders Sausage fillers
« on: February 03, 2012, 01:21:10 pm »
 :wave: all!

I am going to invest in a meat grinder come sausage filler,I do not wish to spend a small fortune at present,I have looked at the Andrew James one which has an 1800watt motor.I just felt this would be stronger than the Orbits and Lloytrons-which I do not think these are up to much.Any others which I do not know about?

Your views and opinions please!
Melx

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: Meat Grinders Sausage fillers
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 02:02:42 pm »
I have an Orbit and am very pleased with it. We can do 30+lbs. of sausages in an afternoon with it. It depends, I suppose, whether you need it for domestic or commercial use.

Mel

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 02:07:54 pm »
I have an Orbit and am very pleased with it. We can do 30+lbs. of sausages in an afternoon with it. It depends, I suppose, whether you need it for domestic or commercial use.

Hi Sylvia,I hope I did not offend, :-[ I am just in the habit of paying a little more to get better quality  ???,the orbit is very cheap I have to say,if it works on such large amount then it must be good!
Thank you for your input! x :)

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 03:03:22 pm »
12 kilos in an afternoon you will be slitting your wrists
are you intending doing more  in the future IE maybe half a pig or even a whole pig even doing two at the same time  the grinder /fillers are not as good as separate grinders and fillers     the one northern tools sells is very good for beginners and if you get a sausage stuffer from weishenfelder it is very good and being hand operated you work at your own pace  in the end the choice is yours :farmer:

Mel

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 04:01:56 pm »
12 kilos in an afternoon you will be slitting your wrists
are you intending doing more  in the future IE maybe half a pig or even a whole pig even doing two at the same time  the grinder /fillers are not as good as separate grinders and fillers     the one northern tools sells is very good for beginners and if you get a sausage stuffer from weishenfelder it is very good and being hand operated you work at your own pace  in the end the choice is yours :farmer:

Hi Robert,
I just had a look and Northern tools have that hand operated vertical sausage stuffer-but it is out of stock until March  :-\ I can wait though,seems like a good idea going at my own pace!Thank you for that!
Mel :)

robert waddell

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 05:17:51 pm »
definitely go at your own pace less wastage and feeling like kicking the s**t out of it  :farmer:

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 05:22:18 pm »
I wasn't in the least bit offended, Leghorn :) I don't suppose my Orbit would put up with being used day after day and it IS hard work, especially on an old back ;D but we only make sausages every three months or so.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS