Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: she drives me mad!  (Read 1727 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
she drives me mad!
« on: January 26, 2012, 07:58:14 am »
Our cat is about 16 now, she's been with us for 5 years. She was always noisy but now she really goes on my nerves with her loud howling about anything! I think she must be going deaf as it's definitely been getting louder over the years!  I tried giving in to what she wants but that's not always possible - I am just not putting more fuel on the fire at 2 in the morning - and I don't believe in giving in. She does have to learn that she can't always get the pouch of her taste  ;D. My recent idea was to chuck her outsdoors when she starts - do other people have an issue with nerve-shredding Meows and what do you do to make it stop? :cat: :&>

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: she drives me mad!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 09:14:46 am »
Jake was half Siamese and very voluble.  Mostly I love it; I talk to him all the time, why wouldn't he talk to me?  But sometimes it would drive me insane - for instance, if a chicken was in the oven, he would yowl the entire time it was cooking... ::)  Nothing worked, only throwing him out and shutting the cat flap.  Screeching at him louder than he was yowling would work for a few minutes...  and make me feel a heel when I got the big pussy eyes what have I done? face...

Jacob died last May.  I have a feeling that if I could have him back, I would relish every syllable of every yowl for some considerable time...
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 08:05:50 am »
Toby does the eeyow thinw when I am cooking and stretches up to reach the draw knobs and dangles from them doing the eyes thing.

Its not so bad with the demands for food as its easy to teach him that he only gets a treat when he sits quietly. But demands to refuel the fire at the crack of dawn is a bit different. Perhaps a hearing impairment is the cause for the increase in volume or perhaps its a result of the impatience that comes with old age. Either way I think the best you can hope for is damage limitation :D

How about a heat pad or a hot water bottle in a cat igloo for overnight accomadation? That should prevent the night yowls at least :-\

Buffy

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 09:10:42 am »
The last few nights she spent in bed with my daughter, mostly silent, it must be the warmest place in the house - and my daughter wears earplugs anyway. I heard this morning how the cat had walked over her face when she heard me walking past, so she can't be that deaf  ;)  ;D. Maybe I should be wearing earplugs during the day  ;D ;D :cat: :&>

Sandy

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 09:59:48 am »
I used to keep cats and had forgot that bit..... :o, we had one that used to knock the door like a policeman and make me jump, I would love a cat again but worry about other B&B guests and litter tray etc.....

When I read this
Jacob died last May.  I have a feeling that if I could have him back, I would relish every syllable of every yowl for some considerable time
I thought about all those things we do in our life that make us mad etc and how we miss simple things when they are gone...... :'(

I think warmth helps keep animals of any sort quiet and as she is getting on, maybe the extra warmth will settle her more...otherwise...earplugs all round ::)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS