Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Police raid  (Read 2865 times)

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
Police raid
« on: January 19, 2012, 11:41:56 pm »
The yard where my friend keeps her horse was raided the other day.   She looked up from shovelling poo and the place was alive with fully kitted-up police shouting at everyone. So she shouted back which was apparently a bit of a surprise as they hadn't expected a horse yard to have nervous horses in it.

It turned out that another tenant was the cause of their visit.  They opened up a large curtain-sided lorry which was stacked high with a wide variety of stolen plant about to be shipped to Poland.  And there was more in some sheds.  This yard is well off the beaten track with great hacking but only 3 miles from the motorway.
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Re: Police raid
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 12:28:53 am »
I got raided once by the police and they came upto the loft with sample bags as big as bodies obviously expecting to find some 'plantation' - they soon realised that it was just my abnormal sleep regime along with a couple of computers in the loft with incandescent light emitting from the monitors.

I did question them on what plant life would live under such wavelengths - but after a while I thought I'd leave it alone and just shut up.

I cant imagine that here, as we have no neighbours - cant imagine not noticing someone exporting plant machinery near me and not noticing it. :) Must be different in a city maybe?

Sandy

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 09:45:58 am »
I would think Old farm buildings off the beaton track, good places for storing stuff that needs hiding away...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 11:44:13 pm »
Especially three miles from the motorway.

Sandy

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 01:04:02 pm »
We lived in a very pretty village not far off the motorway and it was part of a night time race track for stolen cars!!,

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 01:50:37 pm »
Hope the horses didn't get to spooked by it all.
 Don't have to worry about things like that to much here on the Isle of Mull, if anything major was stolen like cars, plant or even post offices,shops or the one and only bank gets do over. The police just stop the ferries running so the bad boys or girls can't go any where. But then a high wind (like today) stops the ferries running.

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 06:33:49 pm »

There wasn't a 32ton Scania concrete mixer amongst it was there as someone stole mine on 3rd of January   :'(
Sods law would have it that I had made the last hp payment on 20th December.  ::) There seems to be a lot of that type of thing being stolen at the moment, whoever stole mine knew how to disable the 2 trackers that were on it.
Anne

robert waddell

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 07:00:31 pm »
that will be tracker paying out the full value then  :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS