Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What's going on in this picture?  (Read 5995 times)

Norfolk Newby

• Joined Aug 2009
  • West Norfolk, UK
Re: What's going on in this picture?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 12:05:49 pm »
The tractor has just been washed in the ford. The old man is complaining about the water being polluted by the nasty tractor (oil, grease etc.) ans scaring the fish.

Around the time tractors started to appear, it would have been normal to take the farm horses to the ford to give them a wash, so why not take the tractor?
Novice - growing fruit, trees and weeds

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 03:27:38 pm »
The picture is at least an nonsensical as Dizzycow's suggestion!

So we think it must be a whimsical cartoon, possibly with a caption such as, "You can lead a tractor to water..."
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Dougal

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Port O' Menteith, Stirlingshire
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 03:40:11 pm »
I suspect that the idea was that since at some point the over dinner chat would be rubbish they decided to give you some thing to chat about. It's not a rat either, dimensions are wrong, more a rolled up ferret me thinks!
It's always worse for someone else, so get your moaning done before they start using up all the available symathy!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS