Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: what do I need to do?  (Read 1177 times)

moody_mare

• Joined Nov 2011
  • South Gloucestershire
what do I need to do?
« on: January 17, 2012, 08:59:16 pm »
sad day. came home tonight to a dead game bird (my fav bird) and one poorly bird.

no signs of mite, clean house, good quality feed, shell, tonic in water every couple weeks, spice in pellets alternate weeks. only have 6 birds (now 5), big run 5 mtrs by 3 meters. birds are only 12-30 weeks old. new stock. old lot went in summer.

not wormed recently, I will do asap. anything else to do?
Too many animals isn't enough animals!

Moderate tendencies towards hyperactivity :-)

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
Re: what do I need to do?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 09:37:28 pm »
Don't know what to suggest but I am sorry.  :'(

Barrett

• Joined Jun 2011
  • North Somerset
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 11:19:55 am »
I have had girls die when they are close to start laying some just don't take to it or can't cope with the changes, poultry are funny things you could have one that looks on deaths door and wait to find the thing dead then it springs back to life, and another that looks perfectly healthy that can just drop dead, these things do happen from time to time.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 02:41:38 pm »
As Barrett says, these things can just happen - and it's always your favourite!  :-*

I'd worm them though, just in case that's adding to their stress. I use the Marriage's pellets that have flubenvet in them, then it's really easy, just feed those instead for a week.

Other than that, they seem to have a pretty nice life  :)

What symptoms is the poorly one showing?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS