Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Legbar (Cream and Cotswold)  (Read 5466 times)

moody_mare

• Joined Nov 2011
  • South Gloucestershire
Legbar (Cream and Cotswold)
« on: January 12, 2012, 01:44:47 pm »
Hi,

Does anyone know of a good, small volume producer of these birds?  I would love a couple to finish of my flock (currently 10 wks old!)

Thank you in advance

Too many animals isn't enough animals!

Moderate tendencies towards hyperactivity :-)

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
Re: Legbar (Cream and Cotswold)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 02:31:33 pm »
Hi there - I did send you a message this morning, which although it says I have replied to your message it doesn't show in my sent box.  ???  Probably it might be useful for everyone to know approximately where you are as presumably you will need to collect them   ;) 

I may have some Cream Legbar type birds - bought as Cream Legbar eggs and from proper breeders, but now they have hatched obviously more of the commercial type colouring, so I shall probably be able to spare some later in the year once everyone starts to lay.  Or as I suggested in my disappeared email I do have some hatching eggs both blue and olive eggers

These are what they are laying at present   :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:34:55 pm by darkbrowneggs »
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

moody_mare

• Joined Nov 2011
  • South Gloucestershire
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 02:54:26 pm »
Hi,

No message showing :-(  on, no!

I am in Gloucestershire, but will travel within reason  ;D

I hatched eggs last year and was horrendous! I was so over protective, neurotic (more then normal!) I am not sure I could do it again! or is it easier the second time?

xx

moody_mare

• Joined Nov 2011
  • South Gloucestershire
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 02:55:07 pm »
BTW - very pretty eggs, that is what I want my egg boxes to look like  ;D

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 03:20:41 pm »
It sounds as though we are not far from each other.  I do have a couple of Araucana girls that I hatched from lovely blue eggs last year, and they should be in lay very soon.  Would they be of interest?  If so contact me through my website www.coloured-eggs.co.uk  Just include your tag so I know who you are  :D

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

moody_mare

• Joined Nov 2011
  • South Gloucestershire
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 03:25:34 pm »
Done :-)   

princesspiggy

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 04:24:16 pm »
are they araucana eggs in the foto? or duck? lovely colour.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 07:52:49 pm »
I got mine from Domestic Fowl Trust, Honeybourne as its just down the road from me  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 07:58:13 pm »
There are some Cream Legbar, and some Olive Eggers.  This year I am crossing to hopefully give  a stronger green to the green eggs and also produce a darker khaki coloured egg

Cdave

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 07:17:32 am »
Hi there - I did send you a message this morning, which although it says I have replied to your message it doesn't show in my sent box.  ???  Probably it might be useful for everyone to know approximately where you are as presumably you will need to collect them   ;) 

I may have some Cream Legbar type birds - bought as Cream Legbar eggs and from proper breeders, but now they have hatched obviously more of the commercial type colouring, so I shall probably be able to spare some later in the year once everyone starts to lay.  Or as I suggested in my disappeared email I do have some hatching eggs both blue and olive eggers

Love the rich dark brown colour too - obviously not from Legbars - what breed are they from? Thanks.

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 04:15:10 pm »
Cream leg bar crossed with move aracarna Fenton blue that's whot you won't.

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 06:14:01 pm »

Love the rich dark brown colour too - obviously not from Legbars - what breed are they from? Thanks.

Some are from my  Cuckoo Marans  and some from 3 Welsummer Pullets hatched last summer from bought in eggs and which I have decided not to keep (to difficult to organize the pens) and have put in the local paper at £75 the three.   ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS