Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hen Housing Design Project: Questionnaire on Chicken Coops  (Read 4317 times)

DanHibbert

• Joined Oct 2011
Hen Housing Design Project: Questionnaire on Chicken Coops
« on: January 12, 2012, 12:41:42 am »
Hi everyone,

Some of you may have read my previous post regarding my design project:

http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?topic=19248.0

Well, the next stage in my chicken coop design project is here. After site visits, receiving user feedback and reading through forum posts I have been thinking through design concepts for a new chicken coop. After putting together an initial design specification and comparing existing products, I would appreciate your feedback through a questionnaire I have put together.

Your feedback will allow me to ensure I am understanding what the users (and chickens) require from a coop and allow me to develop my ideas for the new coop design. If you could spare 12-15 minutes over the next week or so I would be very grateful.

If you fancy getting involved check out the link below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGVTbVRGU01hOGtGWHQ3dXBJdF94Wmc6MQ

I have set the deadline for replies to midnight, Saturday the 21st of January.

Thank You All,

Dan

DanHibbert

• Joined Oct 2011
Re: Hen Housing Design Project: Questionnaire on Chicken Coops
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 08:37:23 pm »
Thank you to everyone who has got involved so far and taken the time to submit a completed questionnaire. The feedback I have received so far has been great. I really appreciate that you guys are taking time from your day to help me out.

Nearly at the 50 reply milestone which is fantastic!

For anyone who still wishes to have ago, there are a few days to go before the submission window closes on Saturday evening.

Dan

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 10:19:12 pm »
will you post your results??

DanHibbert

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 08:30:31 pm »
@ CameronS - I have thought about your question and I am guessing that others will also be interested in learning what my results have shown.

Remember: There is no record of participants name, emails, avatar etc with the responses; each submission is anonymous.

If there is demand I will publish the general findings from each section but, I will not release any demographic data (age, sex etc) or personal comments.

Likewise, if anyone has objections to me publishing a summary of results I would like to know. I did not state in the questionnaire that I would be posting the information publically and therefore I would not wish to publish results publically if I receive objections.

Opinions Please.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 08:34:37 pm »
surely anonymous results are fine?

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 08:14:46 am »
I've no objection to you you publishing anything I said :)

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 07:20:47 pm »
you can publish anything i said  :)

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 09:38:17 pm »
no probs fron me

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 01:09:50 pm »
You can publish my comments as well Dan, anonymous or not. I am interested to hear what the survey reveals in terms of coop design, although I don't think it will have much influence on mine. Starting work on a set of 4 breeding units built for 4 Pedigree hens and a cockerel. These won't be mobile as such, they will have to be lifted and carried like most other coops. Built flat pack for transit and storage as usual.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 07:31:00 pm by chrismahon »

DanHibbert

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 12:24:12 am »
Well only positive comments on releasing the results so far. I had a meeting with my supervisor today and we discussed publishing content from my project, including the questionnaire results, on a project website. With exams on the cards for the next 3 weeks I won't be making a start on this until late February/March but I think the demand is definitely there.

In total I received 84 completed responses which is fantastic. I have separated all the written comments into sections for analysis and I have a total of 20 sides of A4.

I will keep you updated.

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 08:57:31 am »
Good luck with the exams.  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS