Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sheep Calendar.....  (Read 4328 times)

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
Sheep Calendar.....
« on: March 20, 2009, 07:59:01 pm »
....no,not half shorn sheep photographed in black and white arty poses!

A long long time ago on here,someone mentioned that they were going to put together a calendar of what to do with your sheep each month,when to vaccinate,drench,shear,put to the ram etc et al.
 I've had a quick look but can't seem to find it. Is there any kind soul out there who could put together a "monthly jobs list", and then maybe Dan could make it a "sticky" for us newbies to refer to? ....... Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
Re: Sheep Calendar.....
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 09:07:30 pm »
On the folllowing website is demonstrates the sheperds calender.  :sheep: :sheep:

http://http://www.lackhamfarm.co.uk/about/sheep/shepcal.asp

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 09:48:08 pm »
Ta muchly  ;D
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

VSS

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Pen Llyn
    • Viable Self Sufficiency.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 02:37:12 pm »
Breakdown of the shepherding year in April issue of Country Smallholding magazine.
The SHEEP Book for Smallholders
Available from the Good Life Press

www.viableselfsufficiency.co.uk

nigelish

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 09:34:19 am »
Mr Ree, found your posting interesting as we are getting sheep soon, hopefully Ouessant castrates for our pub petting area, but found it twice as interesting as you have the same surname as me (not a very common one) I live in Herefordshire whereabouts are you?
Nigel Ree

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 11:49:22 am »
Ah my name,alas, is phonetic for mystery,I'm sure you've had that before. I live in Normandy France.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS