Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: another daft question  (Read 2125 times)

harry

• Joined Mar 2009
another daft question
« on: January 11, 2012, 03:30:21 pm »
as a first timer probably a daft question............ i have 7 kune kunes all about 6-7 months, if it does exist can i get boar taint from a herd of boys as while i was working on the fence today they were all humping each other all the time with breaks for food that i chucked at them///////// also do they moult as they have a thick winter coat which i believe some abotiors dont like,

Barrett

• Joined Jun 2011
  • North Somerset
Re: another daft question
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 04:09:08 pm »
Harry, questions are not daft it is how we all learn.  Not sure about the taint thing with KK as they are pigs like the rest of them I would say yes.  My GOS boys are hilarious at around 6-7 months I have seen then having a 3sum the 1 at the bottom of the pile didn't look happy. ::)

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 05:19:36 pm »
Taint is one of these things discussed at length (I'm not going to bore you all with it again  :D) and is hugely subjective Harry.

As for their coats, all pigs tend to get a bit hairier when the weather cools, Kunes just kinda explode with it  ;D come the spring it should thin out a bit.

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 06:28:42 pm »
Here's some of mine at 6 months old.....They went off on their 'holiday's at 7 months and no boar taint.

:love: :pig: :love:

Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS