Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The Flu Jab  (Read 4071 times)

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
Re: The Flu Jab
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 09:16:31 pm »
it is totally dead no chance of getting flu from the vacine. however the wife could not have the flu jab as she is latex sensitive so for the past few weeks she is ill with it. if your allergic to egg or latex don't have it. the passing out after being injected should have been checked out at a&e unless of course there is a fear of needles.

sadly sick elderly folks die at this time of the year. we are hidden from the sad fact that the winter months was always the dying months. chest infections kill thousands each year. im sorry for the loss but its not the flu jab.

smallholder in the city

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Lincolnshire
    • HootersHall
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 03:51:25 pm »
ALways had flu jab no problems. Correlation does not imply causation but as humans we often forget this because we like to make sense of things and see patterns in events. :)

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 05:59:13 pm »
i hate to say it .... but shetland paul is right, you can't catch flu from the flu jab as its not a live vaccine. you can have reactions in other ways but people need to remember that flu kills thousands each year.
its your choice wether to have or not  BUT if you develop flu then you should keep away from people, they may be at high risk even if you're not
Mx
ahchew

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 07:15:39 pm »
As I work for the NHS I have it every year. At most my arm gets a bit sore

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS