Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: When can you tell if they are pregnant or not?  (Read 12102 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: When can you tell if they are pregnant or not?
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 12:15:47 am »
My girl is looking decidedly fat but as the only male she has been near is her castrated son, she must be just being greedy.

Now, it's funny you should say that...my BT didn't show in season at all, even with a 'billy rag'..though she looked a bit tail waggy one day and rushed her to a local billy, but there was no way she was standing for him. Really just gave up and decided to milk her through to next autumn.

However, she is now looking decidedly lumpy although her ribs are barely covered (no worms and not bloat) and the only males she was near last autumn were her two castrated sons and our other goat's castrated son...I'm just wondering if one of them was still fertile  :-\

I'm sure mine can't be as she's been in season (I think).  She's due again on Wednesday so I'll watch her carefully.  Her son is a randy little ******. And tries to mount her frequently.  He used to try with his grandmother as well but she puts him firmly in his place and I haven't seen him try again.  I was planning on waiting until next autumn as he is only 8 months old.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS