Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Polytunnel Wanted  (Read 2202 times)

Pasture Farm

• Joined Aug 2011
  • East Lincolnshire
  • Trusty Traca
    • Pasture Poultry
    • Facebook
Polytunnel Wanted
« on: January 21, 2012, 10:47:53 am »
We have decided to go for a polytunnel and wondered if anyone had one they no longer use
Size would be around 14-16ft wide and about 30-40ft long. cover not important
Good strong unit required, can travel with large trailer Already dismantled prefared but we can come and dismantle if the condition of unit is good
Many thyanx    Kevin   075407362632

wolf1

• Joined Apr 2011
Re: Polytunnel Wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 03:00:20 pm »
Hi,
   I have a 14ft by 40ft polytunnel for sale very strong it is a poultry tunnel from mcgregor so is very well built on skids so can be towed could be used for growing veg ect or housing livestock depending on roof you put on it currently dismantled and ready to go please email me at stowell2011@hotmail.co.uk if your interested im in Devon.

PetiteGalette

• Joined Dec 2011
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 03:02:15 pm »
We bought ours when we lived in Cornwall in an auction to clear a strawberry farm which was advertised in the local papers by the local auctioneers. The ones that were still standing ( with shredded covers) went for more than we could afford, so I bid (much to MoH's horror) on a huge pile of bits on the floor.
It cost me more to get it back home even with MoH helping load up, but we made-up 3 big fruit cages with the bits in Cornwall; a polytunnel and a fruit cage here in France (we had to buy a couple of NEW straight bits) and we've still got a few bendy bits left.................. So, it's well worth looking at local closing-down auctions..........
Oh, and there are some on ebay occasionally to dismantle.
A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all - he's walking on them.  ~Leonard Louis Levinson

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 03:08:14 pm »
There is also a big one for sale on THE river Cottage forum.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS