Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: This year, I have been self sufficient in......  (Read 8465 times)

Mel Rice

• Joined Sep 2011
Re: This year, I have been self sufficient in......
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2012, 10:56:52 pm »
Lamb, bunny,eggs,beans,onions,spuds, butternut squash,courgettes,leeks,apples,nuts,jams,quail, duck,chutneys, fodder beet(enough for the bunnys...(I buy in sugar beet pellets for the horse he doesnt like the real stuff anyway!)
Theres only the two of us so its not that hard...

Miss Piggy

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Cardigan Bay, Ceredigion
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2012, 11:02:27 pm »
 Well done all.  :thumbsup: It is actually a really good exercise to list what you have achieved, makes you realise how much you have achieved. Certainly worth all the hard work. Hope to add honey, chicken, bacon, ham and strawberries to next years.
This years achievements
Pork, sausages, Lamb
Eggs
Apples Pears Plums cherries
Lettuce Tomato Cucumber
Potatoes Leeks Beetroot spring onions
Cabbage Runner beans broad beans
Black currrants Redcurrants raspberries blue berries gooseberries
Brocolli Onions rhubarb courgette
Garlic chilli peppers
Compost
water for animals firewood
 :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 11:21:19 pm by Miss Piggy »

Millwood

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Oxfordshire
    • Millwood Market Gardens
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2012, 10:38:22 am »
Raspberries,
Shallots,
Garlic,
Squash,
Leeks,
Carrots,
Parsnips,
Tomatoes,
Walnuts,
Kale,
Cabbage
Herbs

It's a difficult balance to grow enough to sell and still have enough for us, the customers usually get the best stuff! ::) Here's to the new year with more stuff for us and hopefully some :pig: :pig:!
Chooks, ducks, pigs, Bertie the tractor & loadsa veg!
www.themarketgardeneynsham.co.uk
Twitter: @marketgardeneyn

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 05:36:37 pm »

It's a difficult balance to grow enough to sell and still have enough for us, the customers usually get the best stuff! ::) Here's to the new year with more stuff for us and hopefully some :pig: :pig:!

I hope you get the pigs ! Let them have some walnuts when you have visitors - the noise is great! Good for your weight loss too as I think they are pretty calorific. I'm trying to gain weight after loosing too much over the busy spring/summer and autumn.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 12:09:24 am »

I hope you get the pigs ! Let them have some walnuts when you have visitors - the noise is great! Good for your weight loss too as I think they are pretty calorific. I'm trying to gain weight after loosing too much over the busy spring/summer and autumn.

You are welcome to some of mine.  ;D

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 10:00:03 am »
..cobwebs, rats, pig poo, rain, mud, rabbits, pheasants, pork, sausages & bacon, raspberries, tomatoes, courgettes, lettuce, herbs, spinach, beetroot, apples, pears and plums. Potaotoes but not for all year.
Hopefully next year we will have more veg back & north yorks weather permitting and i have invested in some strawberry plants and if they survivie the winter will be getting them put in a high security area away from the pigs (escapees always make for the rasps and decimate them!!)
Mandy  :pig:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS