Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Help fro one of my neighbours please - Clackmannan  (Read 3936 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Help fro one of my neighbours please - Clackmannan
« on: December 30, 2011, 04:46:52 pm »
One of my neighbours has just split up from her husband and he has told her she must vacate the house.  She will have to go into homeless accommodation so needs help to re-home her hens as he refuses to feed them if left there.  She is packing up now and has to be out in about 2 to 3 weeks time. 

She asked me to see if any of our forum members could help.  If anyone can take any of them she would very much appreciate it.  Ideally she would have them back if she could find accommodation suitable but understand perfectly if that isn't possible.

She has the following:
1 Black Rock, 1 Wyandotte, 1 Bluebell, 1 White Star, 1 Speckeldy and 1 Auracana - I think these are all together so are compatible. 

She also has two sets of three bantams which don't get on so each trio must be kept separate from the other  - 3 golden Starbrights and 3 Dutch Partridge

All are hens and to my knowledge all were laying until recently.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

Re: Help fro one of my neighbours please - Clackmannan
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 05:42:56 pm »
If you're really struggling to find anyone nearer I could take the 6 together and keep them with mine. As long as she wouldn't mind their wings being clipped to keep them in the garden (and out of Boris's gub  ;)) if/when she was ready to take them back. Hopefully you'll get someone closer, but if not you know where I am  :wave:

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 06:26:09 pm »
Hi Pm ed you if we can help

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 06:31:28 pm »
I'm some way away, but they are welcome to come and lodge here for as long as it takes, if you can't find anyone closer.

On the other point - is the house in his name only? Because if not, she'd do well to take some legal advice before leaving, fraught though it sounds. And maybe talk to the council, because there is something about 'making yourself intentionally homeless' which makes them less likely to find you a place, though I think if she can show she is in fear for her safety, she would not trigger this. A women's refuge will have seen all this before and will probably have someone whoa can advise.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 06:38:51 pm »
I'm some way away, but they are welcome to come and lodge here for as long as it takes, if you can't find anyone closer.

On the other point - is the house in his name only? Because if not, she'd do well to take some legal advice before leaving, fraught though it sounds. And maybe talk to the council, because there is something about 'making yourself intentionally homeless' which makes them less likely to find you a place, though I think if she can show she is in fear for her safety, she would not trigger this. A women's refuge will have seen all this before and will probably have someone whoa can advise.
Thank, Jaykay - I did tell her that.  It's a Council house and in joint names, but her nerves are frazzled and she says she just has to get out.  She is also moving up North to bne nearer her family.  None of them have gardens suitable for the hens unfortunately.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Eeyore

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:51 pm »
Do you know where up north she is going?  I'm in Aberdeenshire and if it was this area I would be very happy to give them a foster home.

tazbabe

• Joined Aug 2010
  • ayrshire
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 07:12:01 am »
another offer here, although i am probably too far south ...ayrshire...to be any real help?

hope she gets sorted soon.

another thought, if she needs to go somewhere with her hens, we have an old but serviceable caravan beside the house......
you may light another's candle from your own without loss

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 07:26:08 am »
Annie, your friend should not be the one that is moving, her oh needs to get out, with the house in joint names it is easier for him to move than her. If it were me i would make it difficult for him to chuck me out, your friend seems to be giving in too easily to him, speak to her again and tell her to turn the tables, get her to put all his things into plastic bags and fling them oot the door, change locks and settle back in.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 10:05:00 am »
Annie, your friend should not be the one that is moving, her oh needs to get out, with the house in joint names it is easier for him to move than her. If it were me i would make it difficult for him to chuck me out, your friend seems to be giving in too easily to him, speak to her again and tell her to turn the tables, get her to put all his things into plastic bags and fling them oot the door, change locks and settle back in.
Thanks, Lillian, you and I are maybe strong enough to do that (watch out Robert! lol) but Irene's nerves are a mess and she isn't well either so much as I'd like her to do that it just isn't possible.  Thanks for all your thoughts on this.  I hope to hear from her later today.

Miss Piggy

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Cardigan Bay, Ceredigion
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 10:47:01 am »
Sorry your friend is having such a bad time, particularly at this time of year. Lets hope New Year New Start gets her sorted and happier. Just too far away to be of help I'm afraid. :)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 10:51:42 am »
Yes, sometimes for your own sanity and/or safety you just have to leave.
I hope she's ok and that getting out of the situation helps her feel better - good that she's got some family to head towards  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS