Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: for Plumseverywhere - collar for cat  (Read 3193 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
for Plumseverywhere - collar for cat
« on: December 30, 2011, 06:40:00 pm »
I saw this and thought of you .. and your cat who is fed by the mad cat lady!

http://www.millbryhill.co.uk/sale-816/pet-sale-826/ancol-do-not-feed-25858.htm

I wondered whether it was worth getting one for our boy, but he visits lots of different places, and has hollow legs so I'm grateful for the extra treats he gets!  ;D
Little Blue

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: for Plumseverywhere - collar for cat
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 04:23:41 pm »
 ;D   LOL sorry only just saw this!!

We bought one from Pets at Home and do you know what?! the mad cat lady took it off!! same as she's taken off all the others. I had a disk engraved saying "special diet please do not feed me" and another saying "much loved pet, send me home..." all taken off!  Now I know the odd collar can slip off but this is about 11 now in a year  ;)  snowball is microchipped now so should the worst happen (as it did to her 2 sons and my persian) at least we can be told rather than always wondering if she's just at the mad cat woman's house.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 06:16:13 pm »
that woman is mad, how is that good for a cat, to be without a collar... especially when she does (eventually) return home!
Little Blue

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 06:23:12 pm »
My only thought is that perhaps she believes collars are dangerous but...surely she can see why we keep putting the collar on, unless she is unable to read  :-\

so many cat owners in the village have had a little, friendly (very friendly) word just asking nicely if she can stop it but still it goes on... ::)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

deepinthewoods

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 07:18:37 pm »
perhaps a good slap would be in order.... :D

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 07:22:14 pm »
that's plan B  ;D

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 02:58:25 pm »
My 3 cats are chipped but because they are (should be) farm cats they don't have collars as I am concerned about them getting caught whilst chasing things around the fields and hedges. So far they haven't ventured off our land so I haven't worried much about them getting lost and they don't go towards the road always out the back away from the roads. They are scardy cats when it comes to the road and traffic.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS