Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Re: PERTH Labrador puppies for sale  (Read 13026 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: PERTH Labrador puppies for sale
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 08:03:39 pm »
I am very sorry if my comment and query inflamed what I didn't realise was a 'situation'.

lab7, I hope you don't leave and I really hope you don't take offence at anything said here.  I can't see that any has been meant.

Annie,  :-* you're Annie and we don't want you to be anyone else - any more than we want robert to change his spots.  :-*
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 08:46:43 pm »
And it is Annie's birthday (I think)  :bouquet: :bouquet:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 09:37:26 pm »
And it is Annie's birthday (I think)  :bouquet: :bouquet:
And thank goodness it is nearly over!  ::)  At 68 I am still 'controversial' as was once said by a boss when i was leaving! ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 08:55:12 am »
Isn't it odd how folk take even kindly meant comments? About twenty-five years ago I said to, if not a friend exactly but a close aquaintance," When is your baby due." It turned out she wasn't pregnant, just fat and hasn't spoken to me since!! ::)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 09:57:23 am »
Yep, group hugs :thumbsup:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 01:51:04 pm »
Good idea Sylvia, hugs all round.  :thumbsup:

Sandy

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 03:16:37 pm »
Sorry but I am passionate about dogs too but no way would I be so rude to keep correcting people, thats why I left but decided to come back and fight my courner.....people who keep making corrections to what people are posting or what they say is NOT about being passionate its about being correct...far more important things to correct people on rather than a colour!!!  And, so many people call my Yellow Lab Gold......and does it bother me? NO, because I am passionate about my dogs not thier colour names!!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 05:12:25 pm »
Sandy, we've finished this one, had a group hug and left it at that. Please don't go picking scabs  :)

Sandy

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 06:14:44 pm »
Well I JUST read it and it made me angry I am not picking at old wounds itys new to me, and thats is one reason I left in the first place

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 07:40:16 pm »
I describe my retriever as blonde - partly because she's that very pale colour and partly cos she's a mixture of dizzy and 'I'm so cute I don't have to do as I'm told' - with apologies to all true blondes  ;) (I'm a redhead so can never get away with the cute bit  :D)

When someone corrects you, that's a fact, that's what they've done.

What interpretation we put on that or how it makes us feel, is our choice.

We could decide they'd been highhanded and feel offended. We could decide that they'd taught us something and feel grateful. We could just observe 'x is particular that things are correct' and think whatever we want to think about that.

To misquote Eleanor Roosevelt 'no-one makes me feel anything, without my permission'

I love this forum - and the huge variety of helpful and wise personalities on it. I shall (probably  ;)) never offend knowingly and I hope I shall be forgiven if I do so unintentionally  :bouquet:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 07:49:26 pm »
Well said, jaykay. :trophy:

Sandy

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 07:55:57 pm »
My lab is a typical dizzy blonde too..I am not  >:(

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 08:04:14 pm »
Lol, what are you Sandy?
I am the archetypical hotheaded redhead. I try so hard not to be a cliche - and fail  ::)  :D At least I have empathy with my 170 teenagers  :D

Sandy

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 08:08:32 pm »
Well, I was sort of light brown, spent most of my life blonde and now hidding away the grey with blond, I had an assesment made when I fostered years ago and it began in such a true way, I intitialy appear dizzy but am very stable and stand my ground not easily stressed..... as well as passionate :-[       (Steve may disagree with that one)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 08:12:31 pm »
I intitialy appear dizzy but am very stable and stand my ground not easily stressed
sounds like a good combination  :-*
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 09:17:13 pm by jaykay »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS