Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: At last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 9812 times)

Miss Piggy

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Cardigan Bay, Ceredigion
Re: At last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2012, 10:15:34 pm »
Try to learn at least one new thing every night and often learn a lot more. Decided I needed to find out about Moorit's. Google tells me they were created as a decorative breed in the 1900s to adorn the parkland of a lord's estate. Should I address you as Lady Sally?   ;D ;D ;D ;D :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2012, 10:35:32 pm »
Try to learn at least one new thing every night and often learn a lot more. Decided I needed to find out about Moorit's. Google tells me they were created as a decorative breed in the 1900s to adorn the parkland of a lord's estate.
Aye, to be decorative and provide good meat and make good cloth for the estate workers.

Should I address you as Lady Sally?   ;D ;D ;D ;D :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:
Lady Muck, more like!   :D :D   As you can see from the fb pics, it's hardly 'parkland' here...  ::)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Miss Piggy

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2012, 11:07:47 pm »
And I had you down as a proper Lady, Sally. Well what are the estate workers having next Christmas, new woollen ganzees?  :D :wave:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2012, 11:28:11 pm »

Well what are the estate workers having next Christmas, new woollen ganzees?  :D :wave:
If he's really lucky he'll have got the other one of these by then!  :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 02:37:58 pm »
Excellent  ;D And are they still about?  ;)
Ha ha.   :D :D

They were waiting for their cake at dusk - I'll tell you tomorrow if they spend the night in their new home!

I am pleased to report 4 little 'geeps' very pleased to see me and my cake bucket this morning  :D

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2012, 03:02:35 pm »
Good to hear  :D

YorkshireLass

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Just when I thought I'd settled down...!
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2012, 03:20:38 pm »
So cute!
Never heard "geep" before, but I think I like it....  ;D

Miss Piggy

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2012, 11:10:20 pm »
Well impressed with the sock Sally  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS