Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pedigree OSB Weaners for sale - Somerset  (Read 3910 times)

moondownpigs

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Somerset
Pedigree OSB Weaners for sale - Somerset
« on: December 27, 2011, 05:42:55 pm »
All from pedigree stock to be Birth Notified and ready at 8 weeks on 9th Jan. Gilts and Boar available. Bloodlines Claire & Alistair. Fantastic colour with good markings. Fantastic meat quality and very easy-to-raise pigs.Quick finishers with a good lean meat.All outdoor born and reared and electric fence trained. Will be treated for parasites & worms.£50 for unregistered meat pigs. Some suitable for registration for pedigree breeding stock  All enquiries / visits welcome and reservations advised. (pictured at 1 week & 6 weeks) Another litter born christmas day also available!
Tel/text Sarah   07879 646677 or mail@moondownnurseries.co.uk

Rich/Jan

• Joined Aug 2011
Re: Pedigree OSB Weaners for sale - Somerset
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 03:29:18 pm »
Hi - any idea on transportation costs to France and paperwork needed.  Thanks

moondownpigs

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Somerset
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 12:22:46 pm »
Hi and thanks for the message. Sorry I havent transported outside the country before so wouldnt have any idea I am afraid. Thanks Sarah

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 12:26:00 pm »
ask at the bpa that is what they are there for that is if you are a member :farmer:

moondownpigs

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Somerset
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 12:59:03 pm »
Thankyou for your reply. Yes I am a full member of the BPA but it is the transportation costings that I would be unable to advice on. Thats more of a minefield than paperwork sometimes!

robert waddell

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 01:20:22 pm »
there again the bpa should know or at least point you in the right direction with people that have done it before and the costs     cant be any worse than bringing english pigs to scotland      two tanks of diesel there and back even if you dont buy anything then the f**** want the progeny for buttons  because they wont travel the length of there nose to buy :farmer:

HappyHippy

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 03:17:37 pm »
Sorry, I hate butting in on adverts Moondownpigs, but have to comment  ;)

Exporting pigs isn't that easy, and it's not just the transportation costs I'm afraid Robert  :-\
You have to have them in complete segregation to everything else for (I think) 30 days, there are rounds of blood tests (they vary depending on country of destination) and vet checks that have to be done (including one within 24 hours of depature I think) similar proceedure at the other end too.
I looked into it after getting an enquiry about taking Kunes to Ireland - and unless you're moving a significant number of animals it adds way too much cost of the individual animal IMHO.
BUT having said all that, the BPA do organise exports and maybe they have plans to do a 'France run' soon  ??? only one way to find out Rich & Jan ;) It might even be worth trying to get a group of prospective purchasers together and approaching either the breed club in question or the BPA to make initial enquiries - the more pedigree pigs there are in other countries the better for all of us I say  :thumbsup:
HTH

robert waddell

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 03:31:37 pm »
that is why i channeled them in the bpa direction  they know the costs and the hurdles and the pitfalls
we also had an enquiry from ireland for Tamworth's
i was using the fuel as an example 17 mpg with the big trailer  24 with the small one 
interesting point though what happens when you export from Britain to germany through France  or will the wheels just keep rolling  until the destination :farmer:

moondownpigs

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Somerset
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 04:03:02 pm »
A long debate to be had about this one I am sure and whilst I would love registered stock going off to other countries to increase the breed, it may have missed the point that I was just being polite in saying no !  :)
I could never see how it would financially be a viable thing to do for a few weaners before you get into the welfare but then if someone truly wants to do this it can only be a good thing for the breed.

moondownpigs

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Somerset
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 04:24:27 pm »
We still have some meat gilts available ready for next week (9th January) all good size chunky weaners.
Also available for reservations litters born Christmas Day & New Years Day ( Good timing by both!) :)
From Mary & Clarence bloodlines, again all Pedigree to be birth notified.
All enquiries and visits welcomed.South Petherton,Somerset. Thankyou Sarah :wave:
www.moondownnurseries.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS