Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted: 7' headroom large livestock trailer (Fife)  (Read 2692 times)

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
Wanted: 7' headroom large livestock trailer (Fife)
« on: December 17, 2011, 03:17:24 pm »
As it says really, ideally Ifor Williams and the icing on the cake would be a central cattle gate but other makes and stock partitions considered. 

Must be good condition and roadworthy, and I do need the extra headroom size as the Highland ponies will go in there aswell as other livestock, equipment, round bales, furniture..

Closer is better this time of year, but happy to travel a wee bit if seller flexible to weather wimp-out ;)
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

janeislay

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Isle of Islay
    • Ellister Islay Highland Ponies
Re: Wanted: 7' headroom large livestock trailer (Fife)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 09:30:48 am »
This sounds highly exciting, Ellie  ;D 

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 10:33:01 am »
Hope you find one - you'll be lucky though. We looked for a while and ended up buying a new one. It's 7ft high and 10ft long, I think, so my Highland pony can travel in comfort, plus we've used it for cattle, sheep, furniture, hay, feed etc etc.

It's been a great buy.

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 10:42:20 am »
yes trailers are a good buy           have you tried any of the dealers they have trade ins and are road worthy   they have to be when they sell them      that will also give you a good indication of what they are worth     good ones are very dear and always in demand  peter McKenzie at stirling had a load of horse trailers there the last time i was in :farmer:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 01:39:19 pm »
yes trailers are a good buy           have you tried any of the dealers they have trade ins and are road worthy   they have to be when they sell them      that will also give you a good indication of what they are worth     good ones are very dear and always in demand  peter McKenzie at stirling had a load of horse trailers there the last time i was in :farmer:

We bought ours from Peter after posting on here about the respective merits of carrying a horse in a livestock trailer or livestock in a horsebox. We went for the livestock trailer and it's been great. Last summer, a friend of mine used it to take his young pony to shows. The pony travelled really well and when he wasn't in the ring, the trailer was his loosebox, with the gates closed and the ramp down  ;D He was, at that time, small enough to turn round. Not sure he would be now though.

janeislay

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Isle of Islay
    • Ellister Islay Highland Ponies
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 04:03:44 pm »
That's why I go for Richardson trailers - our Highlands can turn round in them !  They travel brilliantly in them too.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS