Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: anyone kept a cat in a cage?  (Read 21064 times)

Tiva Diva

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Scottish Borders
    • Thornielee Cottage
Re: anyone kept a cat in a cage?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 06:37:55 pm »
Maybe you should try one of those baby pouches for him, and just carry him around with you :-D

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 09:15:44 pm »
Maybe you should try one of those baby pouches for him, and just carry him around with you :-D

I used to have a cat would nestle inside the front of my coat, little head poking up under my chin.  He followed me to the local shop once, so I popped him in my coat and started wheeling my trolley around.  The manager approached me and said that I appeared to have a cat with me.  I didn't deny it but said I'd read the notices on the door and whilst it said No Dogs it didn't say No Cats, so I thought I would be alright.  "It doesn't say No Aardvarks, either," he said, "but I wouldn't let you in with one of them either." 

You don't mind being thrown out by someone witty, I find.   :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 09:56:58 pm »
Sally -
I've nearly had two "bring your cat to work" days this winter!
The ex-stray with less than 9 lives left & a stump for a tail often "meets" me as I walk down the path on my way to work.
  trouble is... its 5 miles if he gets all the way!
It was ok when I got a lift at the bottom, as he didn't follow the car but cutbacks mean my friend has her hours reduced.

I managed to "lose" him the first time when we were met by a greyhound.... he wasn't scared but wanted to befriend its owner!!
The second time, last week, I left him peering down a hole made by roadworks ....
... its a good job he has the attention span of a goldfish :cat:

He's a b*gger for getting into cars & vans parked outside too ...
Little Blue

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 10:19:25 pm »
He sounds a real character!   ;D :love: :cat:

But ooooh, little blue....  I had another cat used to sometimes follow me when I walked to work.  It was my company so sometimes I'd let him come to the office, but on this occasion I was in a hurry and so I 'lost' him in the woods about a mile from home.  When I got home, no Brendon.  After a week of searching I found him shot dead in the woods where I'd last seen him; I'm sure he had been shot within hours of my leaving him.  (BŁ$t^ds had removed his collar - so they knew what they'd done but hadn't the decency to own up - or at the very least, return the collar and let me know anonymously where he was and what had happened.)

I think I've already told the story about the cat (Mix, the one that looked like Buffy's Polly) who travelled 6 miles across Luton in the engine compartment of a gold Rover.  Thank goodness he had his name and address on his collar or we may never have been reunited.

I do miss having a cat, but my goodness I don't miss the heartache!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 02:55:14 pm »
I had a moment last night, we searched and searched for Odette (a black kitten) in the pitch black after about 2 hours of searching and calling I said to OH I had to set up the stable and bring the horse in.
Well I was fighting in the hay store to get some hay and straw for the horse and sheep, I climbed up the straw to push a bail down and there she was fast asleep right on the top she didn't even move when I pushed a bail off the top. eventually she stirred when the horse came down into the open stable next to the store and toodled down to the tackroom for her dinner like nothing was wrong the little rascal.

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 03:30:25 pm »
I do love the way cats will find the most comfortable beds in all sorts of places. :)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 04:12:36 pm »
Felix gets into vehicles.

I once had my shopping delivered from Tesco. As the bloke got ready to go away, I said that I thought my cat was on the van. It was full of boxes - we must have been about the second delivery. "How will we know?" he asked. "Just listen quietly," I said.

Felix has cat flu and a slightly cleft palatte, so he wheezes most of the time. We could hear him in the van  ::) Fortunately, he was on top of the roller shutter and the delivery man lifted him out.

But he's been on Parcelforce, Royal Mail, Home Delivery - tried them all  ;D

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2011, 04:23:23 pm »

But which does he reckon has the best service?????

deepinthewoods

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 04:29:28 pm »
it seems like you keep foiling his escape plans!

one of my workers, jerry, came in with a hole in his head last night, i cleaned it with salt water and he brought back 2 shrews this morning when i let him in, just to say thanks. he is pretty hardcore tho.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 08:30:47 pm »

Not Yodel, for sure, but that's another story  >:(

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 09:06:34 pm »

Not Yodel, for sure, but that's another story  >:(

Well I have to give Yodel a big  :thumbsup: for their sensitivity earlier this week.  Poor bloke, his timing could not have been worse; he realised in a flash and agreed to go away and come back another time.  He came back yesterday, full of apologies - which was sweet, as he couldn't possibly have known.  So although I know a lot on here have had bad experiences of Yodel, mine so far has been top notch.   :bouquet: kind delivery man.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS