Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: dectomax  (Read 1817 times)

nic99

• Joined Jul 2011
dectomax
« on: December 14, 2011, 03:19:48 pm »
I was wondering if any dectomax users might be able to send me just enough for 2 kunes in the post? I will pay of course, plus interest. I have only been able to find 1 place to buy it from in reasonable sized portions (50ml) and they are currently not accepting any new orders. Otherwise it is going to cost me an arm and a leg to buy a huge bottle I will never get through. I want to use dectomax as it is intramuscular. I have never injected before and figured this would be the far simpler method - just stap and press, rather than mucking about trying to get it under the skin. Or alternatively is anyone in North Fife (or happen to be passing through) willing to come and show me how to inject subcut?

robert waddell

Re: dectomax
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 03:49:39 pm »
subcutaneous is easier to do than intramuscular  it is just under the skin making sure you are not through the other side  have you done a worm test  :farmer:

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 04:06:20 pm »
We use permadex for worming our pigs which is a injectable wormer  :pig:

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 09:42:23 pm »
If you can hang on til you're collecting Penelope (or if we deliver her - whichever suits best) I'll happily show you sub-cut & IM injections - for the first couple I did I was so nervous but it's really not too bad PROMISE !
The trick with the sub-cut is to get them in the neck as their head goes into the food bucket  ;)
Here's a wee photo for you Nic - both gilts are more brown than black and there's one who's a stonker (she'd be my first choice if I was keeping a gilt from this litter) maybe this is Penelope ?
Take care,
Karen x

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS