Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New Victorian Farm series  (Read 8881 times)

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: New Victorian Farm series
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 09:19:49 am »
Thank you, Sally :thumbsup: :thumbsup: A whole new world has opened up with iPlayer!! :) :)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 01:49:03 pm »
Not the best (or safest!!) way to make soap. I watched that bit from behind a pillow  :o
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 05:36:08 pm »
I thought that, are you not supposed to wear all sorts of protective clothing!!! Probably why it did not show it all.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 07:02:50 pm »
At the very least safety goggles Hermit. I have burn marks up my arms from where caustic soda crystals have floated onto me, they are very light weight and the powder gets into the air, once I stupidly burnt my tongue by mouth breathing as I poured the caustic soda out (I had a cold at the time!) the light powder was airborne and in my mouth in no time, ick ick!!  Beef tallow does make a nice soap though I have to say (although we don't use that at baaath time so vegetarians can still use our products  ;)  )
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 08:53:01 pm »
And did you see the very first Christmas Card ever sent???  ???  so close to that cup of tea she was waving around - and no white kid gloves either  ::) ::) ::) ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 10:18:21 pm »
i think it's a repeat, i'm sure i remember the hay making part! - still going to watch it again though  ;D
I saved it to dvd to watch later - 12 months later I might get to watch it! (on the dvd)

wren

• Joined Dec 2011
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 11:04:12 pm »
It is a repeat of the Christmas special. It was filmed at the museum at Acton Scott in Shropshire. The museum is running courses next year.  Here's a link http://www.shropshire.gov.uk/museums.nsf/open/BBB56E64592EBBC98025753E003FF75C

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS