Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Under utilised motorhome  (Read 2517 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Under utilised motorhome
« on: March 13, 2009, 10:26:19 pm »
Not sure if this is the right place for this.  Marketplace didn't seem appropriate.  Please feel free to move it Dan if you think it's better somewhere else.

I have a four berth motor-home that I hardly ever use.  I wondered if anyone would like to have a cheap holiday in it.  It's taxed and MOT'd to the end of the year so you'd only need to arrange comprehensive insurance and give me something towards it's upkeep - a lot less than teh nmormal hire charge of £350 per week! ;)

Photos here http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u16/doganjo/My%20motorhome/?albumview=slideshow
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 10:42:49 pm by doganjo »
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Re: Under utilised motorhome
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 11:51:53 pm »
Annie! You are amazing- I have sent you a email re this, and regarding our weekend trip for the Caledonian Challenge (54 miles in 24 hours).

DavidnChris

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 11:05:46 am »
Annie! You are amazing- I have sent you a email re this, and regarding our weekend trip for the Caledonian Challenge (54 miles in 24 hours).

If this motor homes as good as it sounds you'll have no trouble doing 54 miles in a day.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 12:48:12 pm by DavidnChris »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 06:02:33 pm »

If this motor homes as good as it sounds you'll have no trouble doing 54 miles in a day.

It's been well looked after, and I'm quite fond of it, which is why I haven't sold it so far.  I bought it from Perthshire caravans a year past August and have hardly used it.  I'm a sheep as far as driving different things is concerned anyway but after a bad fall I'm not sure my knees will take it now, so was going to sell it.  But if I can keep it by contributions to upkeep from anyone using it then I'll get around to trying it again.  I bought it for the space for my dogs as I could have got a smaller one at the time, and I have a standalone tent type awning with it as well as the built in roof only type awning.  It can be hooked up to site electrics and has a Carver heater and a halogen one - so very cosy, and the beds are comfy. The awning can be left on site to keep a space while you drive around with the vehicle.  It does about 30 mpg.  I think it's limited to 60 mph but not sure.  It's quite high sided so I wouldn't drive it much in  the winds we are getting today.  Wow, it's windy.  Parking sensors should be on by next week - if I chase David, my garage man!  I think I'll have to give it it's own diary from the requests I've  had so far.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS