Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Shetland with bad feet  (Read 13204 times)

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Shetland with bad feet
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 05:53:41 pm »
My OH is always saying how much attention I give the ponies, dogs, cats, chickens etc then there is him. Poor Soul.  :roflanim:

:excited: :excited: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :excited: :excited:  It's good for them, their suffering brings nobility  :-J

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
Re: Shetland with bad feet
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 09:06:29 pm »
As a farrier for over 20 can I 1stly say there is no such thing as a qualified barefoot trimmer in the uk only a bunch of clowns who regulate the hoofbutchery themselves but is recognised by no other profesional equine body!!!!
Ok rant over if your pony has laminites you are breaking the law trimming it yourself unless you are a vet or a registered farrier( not many horseowners,barefootclowns realise this)
So call a farrier
It sounds from the desription that you have post acute laminitis seedy toe and or the pedal bone rotaion that occurs has dropped the sole.both of these conditions can and should be dealt with by a farrier and it could get expensive but that's the responsibillity that go,s with owning a pony
If you could post pictures I would be more than happy to have a look. And recomend a farrier in your area cheers verdi

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS