Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: My new goat is here!  (Read 9017 times)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: My new goat is here!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 07:43:52 pm »
Very nice ;D

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 07:54:34 pm »
Will have to compare pedigree's Katie! they could be related.the breeder concerned's goats  always seem to have a distinctive face don't they? I can see so much of Avocet in Puffin  :)   :goat:
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 08:57:27 pm »
She's a beauty.   :thumbsup:

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 10:16:01 pm »
She seems to have a nice soft winter coat. Any head butting yet?

Toggies are lovely. When you seen them in the almost dark, all you can see are the white stripes looking at you - really such a funny picture. Very affectionate too.
Will the kid(s) be toggie or cross?

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 10:27:06 pm »
She's gorgeous, love her fringe along her back, does it come up her neck like a mane? Who is she in kid to?
One of mine has developed her long coat this year, either it's colder than where she came from or they develop full coats at 3rd winter ;D

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 07:38:33 am »
There was some headbutting when she arrived Anke, but we've got her opposite sides of the electric strand for a few days while they adjust (and while we get some hosepipe to stick on vanna's horns!)
The kid(s) will be pure Togg.
She is in kid to a Togg billy owned by Puffin's breeder, he was a new line to the herd.

Her fringe doesn't come right up her neck as yet but there's lots of fluff. I'm still blown away by how colourful she is! We have her second cousin's son here (Reggie) as she is from the same family as my first goat, Avocet  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 06:32:32 pm »
She is adorable.  I love that she calls for cuddles.  :)

katie

• Joined Feb 2008
  • worcs
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 08:38:46 pm »
Mine are in kid to the same chap so the kids will probably be identical! Bags all the doelings!

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 08:56:44 pm »
Superb plums, she's gorgeous, big kisses from our wee pygmies  :-* :-* :-*
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 07:41:53 am »
Mine are in kid to the same chap so the kids will probably be identical! Bags all the doelings!
noooooooo!!! Milli is holding out for a little girl to call Esmerelda and breed from  ;D when are yours due Katie?

katie

• Joined Feb 2008
  • worcs
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2011, 06:25:40 pm »
They're due the first week of March. Faerie is already looking like she has panniers! Richard asked me today how many kids goats normally had. When I told him these two had three each last time he went pale!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2011, 07:42:19 am »
haha! don't tell him about the AN in Aldington who had 5 last year then  ;) Not sure Tony has really twigged about the kidding side yet, bless him. He did ask Fay the other day though if the movement form had to say "one (plus) goat" due to pregnancy but she reassured him it was just 'one'.  Not to mention I think we'll be seeing lambs born to your little WH girl same time  ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS