Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New arrivals  (Read 3822 times)

spursman

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Longclose Pigs
New arrivals
« on: December 11, 2011, 10:20:27 am »
the sow presented me with 11 piglets yesterday afternoon unfortunately 1 was stillborn and 1 other is very tiny and looking very weak but the rest seem in good order. It was the sows first litter and she did really well all arrived in a couple of hours with no fuss at all. Will post pics later. By the way they are OSB sow Clare line Boar Clarence line.
Chas

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
Re: New arrivals
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 04:04:08 pm »
Yay congrats
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 04:14:37 pm »
congratulations :pig: :)
Little Blue

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 11:46:15 pm »
Oh very well done  :thumbsup:  Congratulations to you and to mum.  Looking forward to seeing some pics when you have a chance  :)  :love: :pig: :love:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Barrett

• Joined Jun 2011
  • North Somerset
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 12:19:39 pm »
Well done, I have til the 30th December before Porsche gives birth she has reached the "had enough" stage now though, really can't wait a bit apprehensive as my last sow died 2 days after giving birth I did by her in pig so not really sure of any past history. Porsche has been with us since she was 8 weeks old and is now 13 months old, and it is Bob's first litter (also had since 8 weeks old) so some very special babies on there way for 2012 :thumbsup:

princesspiggy

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 04:38:37 pm »
a bit apprehensive as my last sow died 2 days after giving birth 

did u find out why/how she died? did u have to hand rear the piglets?  :(

spursman

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Longclose Pigs
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 02:35:20 pm »
Pigs are on youtube if you would like a look goto piglets

smallholder in the city

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Lincolnshire
    • HootersHall
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 02:45:40 pm »
Congrats Lovely piggies ;D

princesspiggy

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 08:01:02 pm »
ahh...they r cute!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 09:02:13 pm »
Awww - bless!   :love: :pig:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Barrett

• Joined Jun 2011
  • North Somerset
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 02:29:32 pm »
Princesspiggy, sorry for delay in replying have had the flu :'(, she showed early signs of mastitis but hadn't eaten for for a day and a half, I phoned the vet collected the medication but was to late she had died on my return, though having read up on her symptoms since her death I think she may have had farrowing fever, and yes I did my best to hand rear the piglets though we did loose 5 of the 7,  a experience I would not want again very tiering and upsetting for all of us.  I feel better equipped for the next lot, my eldest son has been reading her stories everyday just to keep her company in the cow shed, she does rest her head on him and try to eat the story book ;D. Proscha only has 3 days to go give or take a day or two.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 03:28:46 pm »
Oh! Bless that boy :thumbsup: I hope all goes well this time.

princesspiggy

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 09:49:06 am »
thats really sad  :( :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS