Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: WANTED - Anglo Nubian milker  (Read 2722 times)

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
WANTED - Anglo Nubian milker
« on: March 13, 2009, 05:08:01 pm »
Hi All - Am looking for a recently kidded  1st or 2nd kidder.....but not the kids.     Experienced home with another AN milker (currently in kid).   Will travel within 100 miles of Carmarthen for the right girl. :goat:
Thanks very much for any help.
Mandy
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Re: WANTED - Anglo Nubian milker
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 12:10:56 am »
I read your post, and started thinking of all the people I know round here with AN milkers- and then I noticed the 100 miles of Carmarthen bit! The only person I can think of straight away is Maggi Franklin, the Tyrgronon herd of AN's. The majority of hers will be show quality and I'm not sure what you're looking for or what price you might be expecting.

Here is link to her details- http://www.anglo-nubian.org.uk/tyegronon.htm

And also on the same website, there is a member sales page- http://www.anglo-nubian.org.uk/members_adverts.htm

Although nothing suitable on there just now.

I know of someone else in the north of England who has been looking for a heavy milking AN since last summer, and she has been unsuccessful so far!

Beth

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
Re: WANTED - Anglo Nubian milker
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 10:28:36 am »
Hi Beth, thanks ever so.   I have scoured the websites too and the breeders sites.  However, as you've mentioned the Tyegronon Herd, I've gone ahead and emailed them on the off chance.   AN goats are in such short supply, its unbelievable.   I used to breed ANs about 25 years ago  :o  and it quite easy to find them in those days!
Will keep you posted.
Thanks again for your reply.
Mandy
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS